Farnham, Surrey, England
Hours: Full Time (37.5 hrs)
Contract Type: Permanent
Further Details: We are currently looking for a highly motivated, experienced and knowledgeable Theatre Manager to join a fantastic Theatre Team at a very reputable private hospital in Surrey. The hospital is bright warm and welcoming with a reputation for providing high quality patient care.It has excellent facilities and is staffed by a team of highly skilled professionals. The hospital truly lives it's values. They offer a wide range of medical and surgical treatments including: orthopaedics, gynaecology,urology, general, ENT and cosmetics. Their focus is on creating the best patient experience possible. The hospital is in a central location and is easily accessible via public transport links around Surrey.
What you'll be doing:
* As Theatre Manager you will be operationally responsible for the theatre teams.
* As Theatre Manager you will be expected to actively contribute to service development, policies and strategies and identifying opportunities.
* As Theatre Manager you will manage the theatre suite which has three theatres (2 with laminar flow), providing high quality healthcare services in numerous specialities.
* As Theatre Manager you will be able to support individuals and the teams in the delivery of high quality, clinically effective patient care through assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation.
* As Theatre Manager you will be working collaboratively alongside the Consultants, and will ensure the best possible treatment and care for our patients.
* As Theatre Manager you will be fully accountable for the management of the department including leading, motivating and supervising a multidisciplinary team of qualified and support staff, undertaking human resource management, resource management, business management, budget management, business planning and development, audits and clinical governance, infection prevention, health and safety, plus risk analysis.
What you'll need:
* As Theatre Manager you will be registered with a relevant governing body, your specialist training should include a nursing/practitioner qualification and/or postgraduate short courses in addition to having experience at a senior level in a clinical setting with the skills and knowledge to support this.
* As Theatre Manager your skills should also comprise of teaching and assessment.
* As Theatre Manager you will be confident in establishing credibility and building effective working relationships amongst key stakeholders and have the ability to negotiate with and influence others as you manage, motivate, support, develop and lead the department.
* You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a good level of IT literacy. High attention to detail, the ability to work to tight deadlines and manage multiple tasks is essential. You will also possess strong managerial and leadership skills.
* You will also have proven commercial awareness and strong financial attributes.
Key Employee Benefits:
- Ongoing training and support,
- Performance related bonus opportunity,
- Contributory pension scheme,
- Life assurance,
- Private medical cover,
- Wellness screening,
- Eyesight tests,
- Childcare vouchers,
- Cycle to work,
- Gym membership
- Transport season ticket loans
For more information and or to apply for the role please call Jessica Osborne on [... Click Apply...]and or email [... Click Apply...]
- £ 48500 - 48500 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Manager
Posted 18 Nov 2016
Closes 18 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Theatre nurse