Registered Nurse - Wards
Carmarthen, Carmarthenshire (Sir Gaerfyrddin), Wales
BMI Werndale Hospital in Carmarthen is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Registered Nurse to join their team of staff in the Wards department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
* Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
* Knowledge of acute / surgical nursing
* Understanding of the UKCC Code of Professional Conduct
* Evidence of recent clinical update and knowledge of the implications of PREP
* Knowledge of Quality Assurance tools
* Good interpersonal and communication skills
* Ability to work as part of a team
* Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix and competency across a range of skills (Desirable)
* Knowledge of the private sector preferred (Desirable)
* HDU experience (Desirable)
Duties of this role include:
* To provide quality planned care for patients
* To support and assist in the management and organisation of care provision within the Department
* To deputise for the Senior Staff Nurse in their absence
* Assist in the delivery of patient care
* Contribute to quality improvement
* Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self
* Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
BMI Healthcare Scheme
Staff Pension Scheme
25 days holiday per annum
Gym membership discount
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
- £ 24000 - 24000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 18 Nov 2016
Closes 16 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Ward nurse