Registered Nurse - Endoscopy
Windsor, Berkshire, England
BMI Princess Margaret Hospital in Windso r is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Registered Nurse to join their team of staff in the Endoscopy department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week . The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
* Proactive and driven to succeed
* Good organisational and planning skills, including risk management
* Able to make judgements involving complex facts or situations which require the analysis, interpretation and comparison of a range of options
* Strong interpersonal skills:
* Able to communicate clearly with a range of people at differing levels across the hospital, deploying a range of techniques to do this effectively
* Must be a Registered Nurse with valid NMC registration
* Knowledge of NMC Codes and guidelines and their implications for practice
* Knowledge of the Care Standards Act and Care and Quality Commission Requirements
* Knowledge of Quality Assurance tools
Duties of this role include:
* To assess, plan and provide quality care across the whole endoscopy patient pathway
* To provide the safe and efficient decontamination of flexible endoscopes
* To support and assist in the management and organisation of care provision within the endoscopy unit
* To take an active role in supporting the implementation of national developments locally
* To ensure the department maintains CQC accreditation
* To provide availability of shifts, giving 24 hours' notice of cancellation where possible
* To manage a clinical caseload, providing nursing assessment and treatment to the highest standard
* Provide nursing assessment and treatment for Outpatient and Endoscopy patients, participating in these patients' pre-admission and follow-up care as appropriate.
* To provide excellent customer service and promote a professional and caring environment
* To ensure compliance with appropriate regulatory and best practice frameworks
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
BMI Healthcare Scheme
Staff Pension Scheme
25 days holiday per annum
Gym membership discount
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
- £ 33000 - 33000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 18 Nov 2016
Closes 16 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Ward nurse