Endoscopy Lead Practitioner
Worcester, Worcestershire, England
BMI Droitwich Spa Hospital in Droitwich Spa is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Endoscopy Lead Practitioner to join their team of staff in the Endoscopy department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
* Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
* Basic and advanced Competence / qualification in Endoscopy Care and Decontamination
* Operators and Managers Course in Endoscopy Decontamination
* Knowledge and experience of appropriate standards, accreditation systems and external regulating bodies (Care Quality Commission, GRS, JAG, HTM 01 -06).
* Evidence of continuous professional development
* Experience and training in pain management, care of the deteriorating patient, care of patient under conscious sedation requiring monitored recovery
* Experience of clinical governance and audit
* Teaching / Assessing / mentorship qualifications
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Proven experience of leading, managing, motivating, supporting and developing a department
* Competent across a range of clinical skills supported by professional competence and knowledge
* Evidence of success in working in partnership with Consultants to explore and challenge existing practices while maintaining and enhancing services and standards.
* A degree of financial awareness with an appreciation of the need to balance the provision of quality care while maintaining a business focus.
* Previous experience as a Senior Registered Practitioner or equivalent in an endoscopy service
* I.T. Skills
* Experience of working in the Independent Sector. (desirable)
* Management qualification (desirable)
Duties of this role include:
* Undertake the management and organisation of care provision within the Endoscopy Department while coordinating the management of the endoscopy team
* Provide quality planned care for patients during their peri-procedure phase of care by ensuring all departmental members deliver quality patient care, being achieved within the available resources and agreed departmental budget.
* To facilitate and drive improvement in Essential Quality Requirements and Best Practice standards for flexible endoscopy services including decontamination and clinical care
* Provide appropriate clinical supervision and managerial leadership throughout the department.
* Deputise for colleagues as appropriate
* Monitor and assist in the delivery of patient care.
* Implement best practice standards (HTM 01 - 06, Royal College guidelines, GRS, JAG, etc.) in endoscopy service delivery
* Encourage, develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self
* Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice
* Apply and ensure others apply legislation, policies and procedures correctly.
* Respect the patient's dignity, privacy, wishes and beliefs.
* Undertake departmental HR activities
* Ensure all departmental risk assessments, COSHH assessments are completed and involve staff in developing and implementing action plans to address risk
* Develop and support business initiatives, polices and strategies which improve the service delivered to all our customers.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
* BMI Healthcare Scheme
* Childcare Vouchers
* Staff Pension Scheme
* 25 days holiday per annum
* Gym membership discount
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
- £ 32000 - 32000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 18 Nov 2016
Closes 16 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Nurse practitioner