Paediatric/ Children Staff Nurse
London, Greater London, England
Paediatric/ Children Staff Nurse
Salary up to £35,000 per annum plus Benefits
As a qualified General Paediatric Staff Nurse, you will be responsible and accountable for the assessment of required care needs and the development, implementation and evaluation of holistic care for children on our general surgical and medical ward including Neurology, Urology, ENT Renal and Plastics.
You will be working to promote a progressive attitude to the continual improvement of patient care through research, evidence based practice and the developmental of additional clinical skills in the speciality.
It will also be your responsibility to assist in the safe, effective and efficient management of the department with allocated resources.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure that each child is assessed and that their care is planned, implemented and evaluated in negotiation with the patient’s family, and that this is accurately documented
• Provide care with a developing clinical understanding of the therapies and drugs used within paediatrics and be competent in their administration
• Understands the correct use and assembly of required equipment understand safety precautions and ensure appropriate cleaning of equipment
• To be competent in the administration of medication, including intravenous route
• Maintaining and monitoring levels of stock to ensure there are adequate levels of supplies
• To ensure clinical practice is evidence based or peer reviewed
• Develop defined skills in communicating complex and sensitive information effectively to patients, carers and other staff, overcoming any barriers to understanding and providing support during distressing or emotional events and seeking advice or guidance where necessary
• To develop open and trusting relationships with other members of the multidisciplinary team, other departments and community services as necessary
• To act as a role model for nursing and ensure quality care is given
• Under the supervision of the Sister/Charge Nurse assists in ensuring the safety of the ward and the risk management process by actively participating in clinical risk and quality issues, including the reporting and management of clinical incidents
• To maintain confidentiality surrounding children’s admissions and treatment at all times
• To promote the corporate image of The Portland Hospital to all individuals, groups and organisations both within the organisation and to the community at large
• To ensure that all patient care is documented, all the relevant documentation is completed accurately within agreed timescales using approved documentation, in line with NMC, CQC and local standards
Skills and Experience
• Experience working as a Children’s Nurse
• NMC Registered RN8/RNC (or equivalent)
• Basic/Intermediate Paediatric Life Support
• Understanding of Safeguarding issues
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Competent with computers and able to use clinical systems
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent clinical governance and experience with audits
• Ability to work within a team and independently
• Insurance – Life, Dental
• Critical Illness Cover
• Up to 30 days holidays
• Health Assessments
• Private medical cover
• Excellent Accommodation
• Cycle to work Scheme, Gymflex
For more information or a confidential discussion please contact Martine Cohen at JS3 Recruitment on [... Click Apply...]or email [... Click Apply...].
If you are responding directly to this position please attach your current CV and inform us of your current remuneration.
Should you know anyone who may be seeking an opportunity then JS3 offer a referral scheme. Please refer to our website [... Click Apply...] for more details.
- £ 31000 - 35000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager), Deputy Manager / Senior Staff
Posted 18 Nov 2016
Closes 18 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Ward nurse, Ward childrens nurse