Clinical Services Manager
Edgbaston, Birmingham, West Midlands, England
BMI Priory Hospital in Birmingham is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Clinical Services Manager to join their team of staff in the ITU department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
* Registered General Nurse
* ENB 100 or equivalent
* Intensive Care Unit Nursing Certificate
* ALS Certification
* Excellent clinical skills in Intensive Care Unit nursing
* Sound knowledge of current professional issues
* Evidence of ongoing professional development
* Significant experience at a senior level in Intensive Care Unit nursing
* Participation in clinical governance activities
Duties of this role include:
* To have responsibility for the leadership, operational and financial management of the Intensive Therapy Unit.
* To work closely with the Associate Director of Clinical Services and the Risk & Quality Manager to deliver the clinical governance and quality agenda
* In liaison with the management team achieve all business KPI's
* Responsibility for effective day to day operational management of the Unit.
* Accountable and responsible for total unit budget, achieving all KPIs
* Ensure compliance to Corporate and local policies
* Plan, develop and monitor the recruitment, deployment and management of people
* Demonstrate professional leadership acting as a role model
* Participate in 01 Bleep Rota through Nursing Administration
* Prepare monthly reconciliation reports for financial KPIs
* In liaison with Reservations manage case load and bed allocation
* Develop a team culture that improves quality
* Implement flexible systems of rostering which maximise nursing resource
* Develop unit communication strategy
* Ensure Human Resource policies are in place, monitored and implemented
* Develop the unit further to increase the clinical specialties that access it
* Sits on BMI ITU Best Practice Group
* Sits on local Critical Care Networking Group
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
* BMI Healthcare Scheme
* Childcare Vouchers
* Staff Pension Scheme
* 25 days holiday per annum
* Gym membership discount
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
- £ 43689 - 43689 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
Posted 18 Nov 2016
Closes 16 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Ward nurse