Registered Nurse - Outpatients
Guildford, Surrey, England
BMI Mount Alvernia Hospital in Guildford is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Registered Nurse to join their team of staff in the Outpatients department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week . The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
* Registered nurse with current NMC Registration
* Good interpersonal and communication skills
* Ability to work as part of a team
* Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills across a range and varied patient case mix
* Phlebotomy competency (desirable)
* ENB 998 and/or mentorship course (desirable)
* ILS (desirable)
* Cannulation competencies (desirable)
* Minor procedure experience (desirable)
* ECGs, lung function, Audiology, 24 hour ECG tapes/BP monitors (desirable)
* Familiar with Microsoft Office and possess a good level of computer skills.
Duties of this role include:
* To assess and deliver quality planned treatment and care for patients during their out patient stay.
* To ensure that all queries patients have will be answered effectively with the aim of empowering patients to actively participate in their plan of care.
* To liaise with Consultants, Medical Secretaries and Bookings to ensure effective communication regarding the patient treatment pathway.
* Assist in the planning of patient care for out patients and the delivery of an efficient nursing service.
* Contribute to quality of improvement.
* Develop and enhance the skills and knowledge of others and self.
* Promote best evidence based practice within own scope of practice
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
BMI Healthcare Scheme
Staff Pension Scheme
25 days holiday per annum
Gym membership discount
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
- £ 24000 - 24000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 17 Nov 2016
Closes 15 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Ward nurse