Clinical Research Nurse
London, Greater London, England
Clinical Research Nurse
Salary up to £40,000 per annum plus Benefits
The post-holder will provide professional practice within the field of oncology research nursing, by keeping up to date in issues related to the speciality; developing, maintaining and utilising specialist skills and knowledge including completing mandatory/annual training updates.
The post-holder will promote a clinical environment that ensures our patients receive the highest standards of care; an environment that is conducive to learning, supporting and participating in the supervision/teaching or more junior or new staff. In addition, they will contribute to the development of services and quality improvement initiatives within a collaborative framework to enhance patient experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Demonstrate clinical knowledge and expertise at the level of advanced practice in oncology clinical trials management
• Act as a resource in both oncology nursing practice and clinical trials management within the DDU
• To work with the scheduling co-ordinator to ensure safe and efficient planning of patient appointments, aimed at providing patients with the highest quality of service and minimum wait times
• To supervise the safe administration of experimental therapies, and monitoring the expected and unexpected side effects of these drugs
• To closely monitor patients’ status, ensuring all relevant observations/assessments are accurately recorded and interpreted to ensure appropriate and timely corrective action is taken
• Ensure that all nursing procedures are carried out
• Be proactive in supporting the nursing team and acting as a positive role model, always promoting best clinical and professional practice.
• Ensure that all documentation (both nursing and trial related) is completed accurately (including electronic records) and is appropriately reflected/stored in the patients file
• To maintain patient confidentiality and ensure all staff understand the relevance of this
• To act in all times in accordance with the NMC Code of Conduct and ensure that the highest standards are maintained in the delivery of all aspects of patient care.
• To develop an awareness of budgeting; exercising care and economy in ordering and use of supplies/equipment
• Actively participate in and support the development of the clinical research facility
• Promote good working relationships and collaborative working within the DDU and across professional boundaries within the department
• Promote a good team spirit and lead by example, motivating and empowering others
• To respond to patients, relatives and carers concerns as they arise and take remedial action as required
Skills and Experience
• Registered nurse (Level 1) with ideally 2 years post registration experience
• Relevant specialist course (or equivalent) in oncology/haematology nursing
• Recognised chemotherapy course desirable
• Clinical Trials experience desirable but not essential
• BSc Nursing
• Insurance – Life, Dental
• Critical Illness Cover
• Up to 30 days holidays
• Health Assessments
• Private medical cover
• Excellent Accommodation
• Cycle to work Scheme, Gymflex
For more information or a confidential discussion please contact Martine Cohen at JS3 Recruitment on [... Click Apply...]or email [... Click Apply...].
If you are responding directly to this position please attach your current CV and inform us of your current remuneration.
Should you know anyone who may be seeking an opportunity then JS3 offer a referral scheme. Please refer to our website [... Click Apply...] for more details.
- £ 35000 - 40000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager), Deputy Manager / Senior Staff
Posted 17 Nov 2016
Closes 17 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Research nurse