Clinical Research Nurse
London, Greater London, EnglandJob Description The post-holder will provide professional practice within the field of oncology research nursing, by keeping up to date in issues related to the speciality; developing, maintaining and utilising specialist skills and knowledge including completing mandatory/annual training updates.
The post-holder will promote a clinical environment that ensures our patients receive the highest standards of care; an environment that is conducive to learning, supporting and participating in the supervision/teaching or more junior or new staff. In addition, they will contribute to the development of services and quality improvement initiatives within a collaborative framework to enhance patient experience.
Salary between £35,673 and £40,401 (dependent on experience) plus benefits Duties & Responsibilities
- Demonstrate clinical knowledge and expertise at the level of advanced practice in oncology clinical trials management
- Act as a resource in both oncology nursing practice and clinical trials management within the DDU
- To work with the scheduling co-ordinator to ensure safe and efficient planning of patient appointments, aimed at providing patients with the highest quality of service and minimum wait times
- To supervise the safe administration of experimental therapies, and monitoring the expected and unexpected side effects of these drugs
- To closely monitor patients’ status, ensuring all relevant observations/assessments are accurately recorded and interpreted to ensure appropriate and timely corrective action is taken in accordance with HCA protocols i.e. Neutropenic sepsis, extravasation
- Ensure that all nursing procedures are carried out in accordance with HCA Healthcare policies
- Be proactive in supporting the nursing team and acting as a positive role model, always promoting best clinical and professional practice.
- Ensure that all documentation (both nursing and trial related) is completed accurately (including electronic records) and is appropriately reflected/stored in the patients file
- To maintain patient confidentiality and ensure all staff understand the relevance of this
- To act in all times in accordance with the NMC Code of Conduct and ensure that the highest standards are maintained in the delivery of all aspects of patient care.
- To develop an awareness of budgeting; exercising care and economy in ordering and use of supplies/equipment
- Actively participate in and support the development of the clinical research facility
- Promote good working relationships and collaborative working within the DDU and across professional boundaries within the department
- Promote a good team spirit and lead by example, motivating and empowering others
- To respond to patients, relatives and carers concerns as they arise and take remedial action as required
- Registered nurse (Level 1) with ideally 2 years post registration experience
- Relevant specialist course (or equivalent) in oncology/haematology nursing
- Recognised chemotherapy course desirable
- Clinical Trials experience desirable but not essential
- BSc Nursing
[... Click Apply...]
- £ 35673 - 40401 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff
Posted 17 Nov 2016
Closes 15 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Research nurse