RGN - Day or Night
Bexhill-on-Sea, East Sussex, England
Responsible to: Matron, Deputy Matron
Report to: Matron, Deputy Matron
Liaise with: Other Registered Nurses, Care Assistants, Domestic, Laundry & Catering Staff.
Job Summary: To work with other staff within the home to provide a high quality nursing service to residents.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. To always work within the NMC Code of Professional Conduct.
2. To be aware of, and work within the homes policies, procedures and philosophy of care.
3. Assist in the setting and maintaining high standards of care. Showing commitment to monitoring Quality Assurance.
4. Support and assist in the training of junior staff.
5. Maintain relevant documents and records including resident’s notes to show accurate recording of care given.
6. To be responsible for the running of the shift in the absence of management.
7. Administer medications correctly in accordance to the homes policy. Be mindful of drug uses, side effects, effectiveness and monitoring drug stock levels.
8. Allocate care staff being mindful of skill mix.
9. Request and accompany GP’s and other professionals as required when they visit residents at the home. Deal with matters arising from such visits.
10. Record details of anyone making an enquiry about staying at the home whether this is by telephone or in person.
11. Co-ordinate dietary requirements with catering staff and monitor residents dietary intake.
12. Report any problems to whoever is on call, either Matron or Deputy Matron.
13. Be mindful of Health & Safety procedures.
14. Attend any training thought relevant by the Matron including all statutory training.
15. Maintain registration with the Nursing & Midwifery Council.
16. Maintain your own Continuing Professional Development as indicated by the NMC.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidates, in the first instance please get in touch with Simon/Will on [... Click Apply...]for an informal and confidential chat.
- £ 14.00 - 15.00 Per hour
- Full time, Part time
- Permanent, Contract
- Job Level
- Newly qualified, Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 16 Nov 2016
Closes 16 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Nursing home nurse, Nursing home mental nurse