Senior Theatre Practitioner & Training Lead
Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, England
Meridian Health is one of the UK's progressive and leading providers of permanent bespoke tailored recruitment solutions to the Healthcare sector.
We are currently looking to recruit a skilled Theatre Practitioner on behalf of our client to perform a dual role as a Scrub Practitioner and Training Lead with in a busy theatre department. Our client is a UK pioneering healthcare social enterprise with over 15 years experience in the industry.
Part of the role will be to provide scrub and assistant skills across a wide range of specialities including the following - Orthopaedics, General Surgery, Gynaecology, Ophthalmology and Cosmetic Surgery. The other part of the role will be as a Clinical Training Lead within the theatre department to provide scrub training to new or existing staff, support them in their development as they progress across different specialities.
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience as a Senior Theatre Practitioner
- Will be able to demonstrate a wide range of theatre experience
- Excellent communicator and team player
- Excellent organisation skills
- Able to manage your own workload whilst providing training/mentoring support to other theatre staff
- To be an effective role model who is able to skilfully demonstrate clinical expertise
- To promote and facilitate the professional development of the nursing and support staff within Theatre, including support of more junior colleagues to develop their skills and expertise
- Extensive knowledge of current evidence based practice and ensure this is incorporated into the delivery of excellence in theatre clinical care
- To work closely with the Theatre Manager to ensure that all new clinical/support staff are appropriately inducted and orientated
- To assist in the management of learning resources including mandatory training and online resources
In return you will be offered the following:
- Salary up to £37,000 per annum dependant on experience
- Continuing professional and career development
- Generous holiday and leave arrangements
- Flexible pension options
- Life assurance and healthcare schemes
- Free Gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee discounts on a wide range of products or services
If you would like to be considered for this position please apply below or email your CV to email@example.com alternatively you can call Rebekah on 0151 556 2090 to discuss further.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.
- £ 37000 - 37000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 16 Nov 2016
Closes 14 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Cosmetic nurse, Theatre nurse