London, Greater London, England
Salary up to £50,000 per annum plus Benefits
Our clients are looking to recruit a Safeguarding Lead who will advise on the shape and strategic direction to ensure safeguarding of all adults and children within their private healthcare facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
Child protection and safeguarding
• To lead in facilitating the development of safeguarding and child protection policies, training and procedures and guidance, ensuring that the CP Policy is reviewed annually.
• Ensure compliance with all new legislation/guidance by the development of policy, procedure, and practice guidance and ensure that these are disseminated and implemented at a clinical level
• Provide effective clinical leadership acting as a role model for all staff in all areas of safeguarding.
• To undertake appropriate Child Protection Training every 2 years
• Provide support and facilitate debriefing/clinical supervision for all staff involved in working with children and adults who has suffered abuse or neglect.
• Be an expert resource relating to adults at risk and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS), Mental Capacity Act and the Prevent agenda.
• To implement an effective system of audit that monitors the agreed safeguarding adult service standards.
• To assist the Director of Clinical Services in ensuring obligations for Safeguarding Adults and for the Mental Capacity Act 2005 and in delivering care quality standards
Adults and Children
• Ensuring that there are robust internal procedures/guidelines for safeguarding and providing professional support and expert advice to all staff within the organization
• Support the Safeguarding committee in achieving vision (prevention, awareness, reporting, investigation, safety) through strategy and the work plan which will include audit and quality assurance.
• Interpretation of national policy and guidance into local strategies and policies. Contribute to strategic planning by providing professional advice about safeguarding adult issues and be responsible for keeping managers informed about practice changes and resource implications.
Skills and Experience
• Experience working with complex vulnerable adults and children
• Working with diverse communities
• Planning, delivery and evaluation of training programmes
• Involvement in service planning and policy development and change management
• A sound knowledge and understanding of the full range of safeguarding responsibilities including national policy
• A detailed knowledge and understanding of Mental Capacity Act and other relevant legislation and guidance relating to safeguarding issues
• Insurance – Life, Dental
• Critical Illness Cover
• Up to 30 days holidays
• Health Assessments
• Private medical cover
• Excellent Accommodation
• Cycle to work Scheme, Gymflex
For more information or a confidential discussion please contact Martine Cohen at JS3 Recruitment on [... Click Apply...]or email [... Click Apply...].
If you are responding directly to this position please attach your current CV and inform us of your current remuneration.
Should you know anyone who may be seeking an opportunity then JS3 offer a referral scheme. Please refer to our website [... Click Apply...] for more details.
- £ 45000 - 50000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Manager
Posted 16 Nov 2016
Closes 16 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Nurse assessor, Ward mental nurse, Ward childrens nurse