RNID/RGN/RPN Vacancies Co Cork vacancies
Cpl Healthcare, in association with their client have an immediate requirement for registered nurses (RNID highly desirable). The service provides residential, community and homecare services to both adults and children with disabilities, ensuring they are given the best opportunity to live the life of their choice to their fullest potential.
The role will involve working in the residential services in any one of the locations of the organisation. The successful candidate will have to listen, to learn from, support and work to achieve the priorities of the service users and to monitor and meet their physical/mental/social/emotional and behavioural needs and in compliance with the Health Care Act 2007 (Care and support of residents in designated centres for persons (Children and Adults) with disabilities) regulations 2013 and the Provision of the Childcare Act 1991 and all relevant regulations and standards that apply to Children in care.
- Department of Health & Children Salary Scales apply.
- Responsible for the general wellbeing of the service users in care.
- To provide care of physical, psychological and social needs of the service users.
- Recognise and report physical/social/emotional problems and assist in the implementation of programmes to counter act same.
- To deliver care in a professional manner and in line with HIQA requirements.
- To foster parental/family involvement and to support and liaise with parents/guardians/family members as required.
- To create and maintain a therapeutic environment.
- Design, implement and co-ordinate programmes in education, training, and work.
- To foster integration and provide social/ leisure opportunities for service users.
- To maintain all records and reports as required.
- Manage, develop and support staff individually and as a team including induction.
- Lead and develop team members in the support of Person Centred Plans, problem solving and seeking solutions to outcomes and barriers
- Be an effective communicator for both the services users and the care team
- A qualification in Nursing and on the active register as maintained by the NMBI (R.N.I.D. qualification desirable).
- The ability to work on his/her own initiative and supervise service users/staff.
- Experience in managing behaviour which challenges.
- A full Irish/EU Driving Licence and indemnification.
- Eligibility to work in Ireland
Further details available by contacting Catherine Hoban on [... Click Apply...]or emailing [... Click Apply...]
- Full time
- Job Level
- Newly qualified
Posted 16 Nov 2016
Closes 13 May 2017
This job was posted to: Community learning disability nurse