Occupational Health Advisor (OHA)
Folkestone, Kent, England
Occupational Health Advisor (Registered Nurse) - Folkestone (2 days per week)
Recruiting for Care is one of the UK's leading providers of permanent recruitment solutions to the Occupational Health sector and we offer bespoke consultancy services to clients and candidates alike.
Our client is one of the UK's leading Occupational Health providers and they work with public and private sector businesses to reduce workplace absence by helping their staff to be healthier, fitter and more productive.
We are currently recruiting for an Occupational Health Advisor to work with 2 clients in Folkestone - the Home Office and Kent Fire and Rescue.
Main duties include:
* To carry a case load of up to 75 cases, managing 8 cases a day (made up of new and existing cases)
* To provide advice to employees on improving their health and support in returning them to work/maintaining their attendance
* To provide advice to line managers and HR on the expected length of absence of an employee, their capability to return to work and reasonable adjustments
* To manage cases from date of referral to sustained return to work, following up with individuals as required and updating HR/line managers on the outcome of those interventions
* To provide reports within 24 hours following initial contact. The structure of the report is set out in the manual but should contain as a minimum the reasons for referral, likely timescale of RTW, any medical/non-medical barriers to returning to work and if any adjustments may be required
* To understand the client organisations' basic structure, as well as their policies, procedures, benefits and other factors relating to employee absence or return to work
* To liaise with treatment providers and suppliers where necessary (e.g. GP's, Employee Assistance Programmes, Specialists etc.) to support the employee in their rehabilitation and understand their progress
* Cases should not be reviewed more than 3 times except in exceptional circumstances and then only with sign off from the CMO
* To triage cases, recommending appropriate and timely onward referral to an OHP if appropriate
Candidates must be a Registered Nurse (RGN) with experience of case management and ideally with a qualification in Occupational Health (Diploma/Degree).
The role has a salary of up to £40,000 (pro rata) and a fantastic benefits package.
To apply for the role please email a copy of your CV online or call Jay Gibbons on [... Click Apply...]for more information.
- £ 30000 - 40000 Per year
- Part time
- Job Level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 16 Nov 2016
Closes 14 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Occupational health