Sister/ Charge Nurse
Stevenage, Hertfordshire, England
£28,000 - £35,000 - Based on a 42 hour contract
Salary is dependent on experience, qualifications and capabilities.
Equivalent to NHS band 5 & 6
About the Role
At Bupa Care Homes you'll take responsibility for your shift, co-ordinating work and inspiring, motivating and leading the care team to achieve the highest standards of care and make a real difference to the lives of our residents.
Making sure that everything runs smoothly, you'll be empowered to make decisions, assess needs, deliver care plans, supervise medication and really get to know our residents and their families. Helping to shape the care homes of the future as we champion dementia care and work with a growing number of PCTs, your RGN/RMN experience will enable you to meet the physical, emotional and social needs of our residents, as part of a wider multi-disciplinary community team.
Who we're looking for
If you're a talented nurse with first level registration, take on a lead role within our innovative team and make the most of your expertise.
You'll work with great autonomy and receive the industry leading support and training you need to progress your career to Unit Manager, Deputy Manager and beyond. Enjoying plenty of variety, as well as complex and interesting work at a home where every day is different, you must be able to delegate effectively, deliver medication and maintain high quality care documentation.
What's in it for you
Bupa Care Homes values its people, so you can expect a competitive pay rate and benefits that include:
* Bupa Fit - a staff health benefit including a confidential hotline to discuss work or home related concerns with professional advisor's, access to free physiotherapy and discounted gym membership, free flu vaccine and discounts on Bupa dental
* A starting salary which reflects your current skills and experience. You will be given every opportunity to increase this salary through training and development.
* Cycle to Work Scheme
* Child care vouchers
* Refer a friend scheme
* Bupa Cash Plan discounts
* We cover the cost of your DBS Check (£44)
* We cover the cost of NMC registration (£120)
* Comprehensive induction and on-going training and development
* Competitive staff benefits such as weekly offers and discounts
* Hot meal provided on a 12 hour shift
* Uniform provided
* Pension and Life Assurance scheme available
* 28 days annual leave
* Recognition schemes including personal bests and annual National Care Home Awards
About the Home
Woodlands View is situated in the residential suburb of Poplars, approximately three miles from Stevenage town centre. Local shops are within walking distance and the home is conveniently on a local bus route. The home specialises in nursing dementia care, palliative and convalescent care along with short stay respite.
We're really passionate about recruiting our people efficiently.
Where possible we'd love to offer our candidates express recruitment service. This means you could join Bupa in just a few days after your application. Interested? Select ' yes ' to the ' Express Recruitment ' option in your online application and we'll get in touch as soon as possible.
Who we are
We employ over 27,000 people at more than 300 UK care homes. Job satisfaction is at a record high. We launched the UK's first ever Dementia Champions Programme across 150 care homes. We also reinvest all the money we make - £35 million in care, people and facilities in 2009.
Bupa is committed to an environment which will attract, retain and motivate its people. Bupa aims to ensure that every applicant to, or employee of is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
- £ 28000 - 35000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Newly qualified, Qualified (non-manager), Studying / Unqualified
Posted 16 Nov 2016
Closes 17 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Nurse practitioner