Theatre Recovery Practitioner - Derby
Derby, Derbyshire, England
Position - Theatre Recovery Practitioner - Derby
Salary - £25-30K DOE
Hours - Full Time
Our clients have an exciting opportunity for a Theatre Recovery Practitioner to join our multidisciplinary theatre team at Derby.
Our clients treat only NHS patients; they offer orthopaedic care for people in the South Yorkshire, Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire and Lincolnshire areas.
They offer a wide range of treatments, from minor hand and foot procedures that can be carried out as day cases, to more complex treatments that require a longer stay with us, including hip, knee and shoulder replacements. Above all, we're passionate about giving you the best possible care and helping you to feel better, faster.
Scrub Practitioner Role:
* To ensure that the care, welfare, safety and comfort of all patients is of the highest possible standard.
* To promote and maintain good interpersonal relationships between staff/patients/relatives, and the multi-disciplinary team.
* To ensure the cleanliness of the recovery is of the highest standard to meet with company policy.
* To participate in the management of infection control within the department.
* To check the recovery bays are set up and equipped appropriate for the day's lists.
* To collect and/or receive patients from the ward.
* To do pre-operative checks of the patients physically as well as all notes, consent, results and x-rays. To identify the need for resuscitation of a patient and knowledge of first line drugs needed for resuscitation and use of the defibrillator.
* To understand and execute the correct procedures for ordering, receiving and transfer of blood and blood products as well as blood conservation.
* o assess the patients appropriately and effectively for their requirements throughout the recovery period.
* o liaise with members of the multi-disciplinary team and ensure that prescribed or recommended treatment is carried out.
* To be responsible and accountable for the recording of drugs given, procedures carried out and any other mandatory or relevant information within company policy.
* o ensure the safety of patients throughout recovery through effective observation.
* To ensure effective and accurate handover of patients from the anaesthetics staff and scrub team.
* To be accountable for the charging of items used in the recovery room.
* To ensure that all patient information is handed over to the ward ensuring continuing nursing care.
Skills & Experience
* Up to date sound clinical knowledge of: Anaesthetics, sedatives, muscle relaxants, analgesics and emergency drugs Extubation of patients Spinal, epidural and general anaesthetics
* Competent in IV therapies
* Competent in Catheterisation
* Good verbal / written communication skills
* Awareness of legislative requirements with regard to H & S
* Knowledge of infection control practices
* Ability to solve problems/ think literally/laterally
Theatre Recovery Practitioner you must -
* NMC Registered Nurse Part 1 Desirable
* OPD Certificate
* Evidence of personal and professional development
* Theatre and or Anaesthetic qualification
Key Words - Recovery, Theatre Practitioner , ODP, RGN Multi Disciplined
Pulse is an employment agency/employment business (as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003) and is acting on behalf of its client in relation to this vacancy.
For more information please contact Darene Blackwood at Pulse Jobs on [... Click Apply...]or [... Click Apply...]alternatively Please forward your CV
- £ 25000 - 30000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Newly qualified, Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 16 Nov 2016
Closes 14 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Theatre nurse