Lead Cancer Nurse
Canterbury, Kent, England
Are you a qualified oncology nurse? Are you interested in a new challenge? Do you want to spend more time with your patients? Is patient care at the heart of everything you do?
If the answer to any of the above is YES then we would like to talk to you. We at BMI are 'serious about health and passionate about care' and if you are too then you could have an exciting career with us.
BMI Healthcare is the largest independent sector provider of cancer services and we are currently in the process of implementing our 5 year strategy to further develop our cancer services in many exciting ways, including new cancer units and integrated cancer care service provision to our patients.
We are looking for enthusiastic, qualified and experienced oncology nurses who are dedicated to improving the cancer patient's journey and providing exceptional clinical care as well as assisting in implementing and driving change for patient benefit.
We have an opportunity for a Lead Cancer Nurse to join their team of staff in the Oncology department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
* RN level 1
* Post registration experience with a proven track record at Ward Sister level or above
* A track record of achievement and development of areas for which responsible
* NMC registration
* Management qualification
* ENB 998 or equivalent
* Chemotherapy in cancer care course or equivalent
* Ability to lead a team through changes in custom and practice
* Organisational skills
* Leadership skills
* Evidence of professional development
* Strong financial skills and understanding of working within set budgets
* Commercial awareness
* Understanding of healthcare as it applies to consultant working patterns and processes
* Ability to assess individualised patient care and implement, monitor and evaluate
* Good IT skills
Duties of this role include :
* To provide a lead role in developing the strategic direction of the Cancer Service
* To provide excellent customer service
* To support the Cancer Services Manager in the day to day management of the Cancer unit
* To work clinically alongside all nurses taking your own caseload of patients
* To ensure the highest standards of clinical and customer service are delivered at all times
* To ensure that services and resources within the Nursing services are managed within the defined budget
* Build sound working relationships with all consultants by being proactive in establishing mechanisms for involving them in the evaluation and development of the service
* Ability to consider new ways of working, to handle multiple tasks under pressure
* To be an analytical thinker with the ability to engage and influence a wide range of individuals
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
In return for your commitment to BMI Healthcare we offer the opportunity to work with new and novel treatment plans, a strong benefits package,training and development opportunities up to and including Masters level study with links with many UK educational institutions and a strong UK wide support network for all of our oncology staff, working closely with consultant oncologists and haematologists who are specialists in their field
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
BMI Healthcare Scheme
Staff Pension Scheme
25 days holiday per annum
Gym membership discount
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
- £ 35000 - 35000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff
Posted 16 Nov 2016
Closes 14 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Ward nurse