About The Facility
The Wellington Hospital is the UK's largest independent hospital with over 260 beds and 1000 employees. We have an international reputation for excellence in complex healthcare and have gained four decades of expertise in treating patients from the UK and overseas. We offer a premium service in key areas of healthcare, including: neurosurgery, spinal surgery, cardiac care, orthopaedics and acute neurological rehabilitation.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Theatre Practitioner (Anaesthetics) to join our team at The Wellington Hospital in St Johns Wood, London. Our Theatres service includes 12 Theatre suits and 3 Cardiac Cath Labs. This is an excellent opportunity to join us at the forefront of pioneering Da Vinci Robotic Surgery and Neuro Surgery as well as working in extensive cardiac facilities including cardiology and cardio-thoracic surgery.
The Senior Theatre Practitioner will be working as part of a team of anaesthetic theatre practitioners, as well as the wider theatre team to ensure a high standard of clinical care and safety for patients within the theatre unit.
This position is full time, permanent working 37.5 hours per week. The projected salary range is £35,673 - £40,401 per annum, dependent on experience plus shift enhancements and a comprehensive benefits package on top.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Assessment and delivery of patient care requirements for both conscious and unconscious patients.
* Providing clinical leadership to junior staff and deputising for Lead in his/her absence.
* Conduct mandatory patient checks including informed consent, patient's identity and operative site against the supporting documentation, prior to the start of the procedure.
* Complete mandatory surgical checks prior to the start of the procedure, during and pre wound closure.
* Monitor the patient's condition throughout the procedure, taking appropriate action to manage any arising complications through contingency planning.
Skills & Experience
* Registered Practitioner with NMC or HPC registration
* Extensive theatre experience with expertise in Anaesthetics.
* Relevant anaesthetic skills in the following key complex specialities would be advantageous: Neurosurgery, Advance Spinal and Orthopaedic Surgery, Cardiac Surgery.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to support and lead a team
Join the leaders in private healthcare
Unrivalled expertise. The latest innovations. All that’s missing is you.
HCA Healthcare UK is one of the UK’s leading private healthcare providers. With six world-renowned hospitals in London and an expanding network of cutting-edge partnership facilities up and down the country, we’re a destination of choice for patients and healthcare professionals alike. Our achievements have been recognised by the LaingBuisson Independent Healthcare Awards 2016, the HealthInvestor Awards and the International Medical Travel Journal Awards.
If you’re looking for a rewarding career in nursing, look no further. At HCA UK you’ll take pride in working with top consultants and leading-edge technology to deliver exceptional acute and complex care. And through our relocation support programme, you’ll be able to do so at renowned facilities like The Portland Hospital and London Bridge Hospital. What’s more, whether you’re in oncology, PICU, paediatrics or neuro-rehab, you’ll get exceptional training at our Learning Academy.
As well as support from leading specialists and the latest technology, we also offer our employees a host of benefits that go above and beyond – from private healthcare and critical illness insurance, to staff discounts and paid study leave.
The Harley Street Clinic, The Lister Hospital, London Bridge Hospital, LOC, The Portland Hospital, The Princess Grace Hospital, The Wellington Hospital