We have a new opportunity for Paediatric Staff Nurse to work within our General Outpatients Department. You will work as a skilled member of the nursing team, providing a high standard of holistic, family-centred care to the children and families.
This is a permenant role working 37.5 hours a week
The salary range for this role is £31,630 - £35,822 per annum plus enhancements (dependent on experience)
Duties & Responsibilities
Skills & Experience
- To plan, assess, implement and evaluate programmes of care for individual children and to supervise junior staff in this activity.
- To ensure an ongoing welcoming, caring and safe environment is provided for the children and their families.
- To communicate complex and sensitive information effectively to patients, carers and other staff, overcoming any barriers to understanding and providing support during distressing or emotional events.
- Assist with ongoing education and training of families
- To supervise and support junior members of the ward team and ensure that all patients receive appropriate care
- To manage allocated resources effectively and efficiently. This includes maintaining the correct skill mix and utilisation of time and equipment, in the absence of senior staff.
- To actively assist in the education and practical training of learners and junior staff at every opportunity.
- To ensure documentation is completed accurately and within agreed timescales using HCA International approved documentation, in line with NMC and HCA Healthcare UK guidelines.
- NMC Registered Nurse (RSCN)
- Relevant courses / experience in paediatric ward
- Ability to plan and prioritise care for patients
- Administration of IV drugs
INTERESTED? PLEASE DO CALL JESSICA ALVES
[... Click Apply...]
[... Click Apply...]
HCL Permanent, as part of the UK’s largest healthcare recruitment company, have unrivalled nursing recruitment industry knowledge on both a local and global basis.
We are approved by the Department of Health (UK) for International recruitment. Our clients range from Regional Health Boards requiring hundreds of staff to specialist start up clinics requiring a Clinical Director to develop the centre.
Over the past 3 years we have successfully placed over 1,000 staff into permanent posts within the UK, Ireland and globally; achieving a 91% retention rate for candidates still in their post after 12 months. This is testament to our stringent recruitment and pre-selection processes which are led by clinicians and qualified HR staff.