We are seeking a qualified Nurse to join an outstanding and award winning team, as Nurse Unit Manager.
The successful candidate will provide strong leadership within the Nursing Unit incorporating the provision of high quality nursing care and to assist in identifying and addressing the health and social care needs of a wide variety of residents.
We are happy to consider RMN, RNLD or RGN qualified nurses who have management experience and are seeking a new challenge with an organisation who pride themselves on the quality of patient care and continuous improvement.
1. Provide a high standard of direct nursing care to residents, based on the assessment of care needs and in consultation with the residents, their relatives and the care team.
2. Assume responsibility for the nursing services provided by the home.
3. Continuously evaluate and plan the quality of care given, and regularly reassess the needs of residents in consultation with the residents, their relatives and the care team, and to effect change required to achieve planned goals.
4. Administer and order medicines as required by residents and the home's policies and procedures. Ensuring that medicines are stored in compliance with the authoritative instruction.
5. Liaise with residents' GPs and other healthcare professional involved such as occupational therapists, physiotherapists, community nurses, etc.
6. Engage in person centred nurse care planning and implementation of care plans.
7. Review care plans monthly or sooner when required.
8. Work within the NMC codes of conduct and Scope of Practice and within the home's policies and procedures.
9. Continuously review their own nursing practices to develop new skills and knowledge through continuous professional development training that contributes to the enhancement of patient care skills.
10. Identify staff (Care & Nursing) training needs.
11. Ensure appropriate training is provided for staff.
12. Ensure training that is specific to meet residents identified needs is provided.
13. Work closely with other members of the care team, ensuring that effective, high-quality care is given, to achieve planned goals.
14. Provide effective leadership to all staff working on the nursing unit.
15. Provide support and professional supervision to care staff and nursing assistants as appropriate.
16. Plan staff rosters to appropriately cover the unit 6 weeks in advance.
17. Carry out staff annual appraisals.
18. Manage staff annual leave to ensure that appropriate staffing levels are always maintained.
19. Record and monitor staff attendance.
20. To support the General Manager to take appropriate disciplinary action if necessary according to performance and conduct.
21. Attend and participate in relevant staff meetings.
22. Make effective and efficient use of all the home's resources.
23. Work in partnership with residents' families and friends in planning, implementing and reviewing care plans.
24. Enable residents to receive appropriate religious, cultural, emotional and psychological support.
Healthier Recruitment are an awarded supplier 2016 to the CPP National NHS framework for permanent staffing.
At Healthier Recruitment we strongly believe the future of patient care relies heavily on having the right people in the right jobs that are not only skilled and qualified but passionate about the role they are in, the organisation they work for, their patients and most importantly the positive effect they are having within Healthcare. Our passion to help our clients and candidates achieve this promotes a level of quality that makes us more than just an agency.
We have dedicated our business model to helping and supporting candidates and clients alike, within both Private and NHS organisations, in a ˜Healthier™ way. We focus all of our efforts in assisting our candidates to find their ideal roles and our clients to build a strong and quality substantive / permanent workforce.
Not only do we assist in placing candidates with the right skill set and qualifications for each role, we take the time to get to know every organisation / service we work with allowing us to introduce candidates to employers who share the same visions, values, passion and will share a future.
We are always happy to hear from new clients and candidates who would like to hear more about the support Healthier Recruitment can offer.