BMI Three Shires Hospital in Northampton is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Theatre Educator and Skills Trainer to join their team of staff in the Theatre Department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
* Registered Practitioner Level 1 with NMC or Registered ODP ( NVQ III/Dip.HE) with HPC registration.
* Qualification in mentorship and/or education
* Experience at senior level.
* Knowledge of relevant hospital policies and procedures.
* Health and Safety
* Moving and handling
* Risk assessment training
* Management of resources
* Good communication and presentation skills.
* Interest in research and audit
* Experience in orthopaedics an advantage
* Previous experience of budget management (desirable).
* Previous quality management experience (desirable)
* First line management course (desirable).
Duties of this role include:
* To assist the Theatre Manager with the effective management of all human, financial and technical resources.
* To provide a professional service and positive team leadership, promoting and safeguarding the well-being and interests of all patients and operating theatre personnel.
* To develop and deliver a local clinical education and development strategy that meets the needs of the Theatre Department and BMI corporate strategy.
* To support and develop staff within their roles and in the delivery of care.
* To ensure time is spent in Practice Development is balanced with hands on care delivery depending on the needs of the unit
* Liaise with the Theatre Manager, Assistant Theatre Manager and Lead Practitioners to identify areas of practice requiring development.
* Coordinate and organise professional development training days / programmes for clinical staff as highlighted through staff appraisals.
* Ensure that all training and mandatory training is logged through BMI learn. Maintain all training records for the Theatre Department.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
* BMI Healthcare Scheme
* Childcare Vouchers
* Staff Pension Scheme
* 25 days holiday per annum
* Gym membership discount
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
As the UK's largest independent healthcare employer, with over 70 hospitals across the UK and over 10,000 staff, BMI Healthcare really is 'a magnet for the best' nursing, theatre and allied healthcare professionals, as well as non-clinical and support staff who underpin our growing business.
Whether you are newly-qualified, returning from a career break, or looking for a new challenge, we have some exceptional opportunities to build your career in healthcare.
Who are BMI?
BMI Healthcare is the acute private hospital division of our parent company General Healthcare Group and is the largest independent provider of private health care in the UK. We are committed to providing a consistent, high quality service to local communities.
BMI Healthcare has over 70 hospitals nationwide, each serving the health care needs of the local community. BMI hospitals have an enviable reputation for providing excellent medical and surgical facilities supported by state-of-the-art equipment and a very high standard of nursing care, within pleasant and comfortable surroundings.
Equipped with the latest technology, BMI hospitals perform more complex surgery than any other independent private health care provider in the country. Handling over 250,000 inpatient and 1,000,000 outpatient visits each year, nearly half the procedures undertaken for patients are of a major or complex nature.
BMI hospitals attract consultants and clinical teams from a wide range of specialties, most of whom have extensive experience gained within the NHS. Supported by BMI Healthcare’s high calibre staff, they are able to undertake a wide range of procedures from routine investigations to the most complex, high acuity cases such as cardiac and neuro surgery.
At BMI Healthcare, we focus on clinical excellence, quality of service and efficiency. We have a well deserved reputation for consistent achievement in these areas throughout the independent health care sector. Healthcare is a people business at its heart, and quality is at the core of what we do.
So, we want to attract and retain the best staff we can, and help them to grow with us. Our aim is for BMI Healthcare to be an exceptional place to work, and we’re constantly striving to ensure that our staff are proud and happy to work here.