Heart Healthcare are currently representing a well respected charity based in Eltham, South East London who are searching for Children's Palliative Care Nurses.
PURPOSE OF ROLE
- To provide holistic nursing care and support to children and young people with life limiting/life threatening conditions and their families/carers, utilising the skills, knowledge and expertise of the qualified practitioner in a variety of situations, working on their own initiative and accessing and contributing to the skill base of the wider team. Working in collaboration with other services to best meet the needs of the child/young person and their family.
- To safeguard all children and young people accessing services; by responding to concerns raised in a timely and appropriate manner and effectively escalating these in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Assess, plan, evaluate and deliver high quality nursing care to meet the diverse and individual needs of children/young people and their families.
- To work with other team members to ensure that plans of care are carried out to the agreed standard.
- To identify and escalate significant changes in a child/young person’s condition or well-being, outside area of competence.
- To deliver prescribed end of life care, evaluating child/young person’s presentations/observations and utilising evidence based resources contribute to clinical reassessment.
- To establish professional relationships with children, young people and their families and members of the multi-disciplinary team, including showing empathy and understanding when communicating complex information where they may be barriers to understanding.
- To record accurately and contemporaneously, using relevant system.
- To deliver post death care of the body and support the wider family.
- Represent the facility at external multi disciplinary meetings presenting the needs of the child/young person and the service professionally and effectively (from 12 months post registration)
- To promote working relationships within and across all sites, and with service users and families.
- To work flexibly to meet the needs of the service.
- To proactively seek and participate in regular supervision sessions to enhance experiential learning and advance practice and to actively encourage other nursing staff to do so
To apply for this fantastic role or for more information simply apply below! Your next job is just a few clicks away!
Recruitment with Heart.
Who we are
Heart Healthcare was founded based on one idea - recruitment should be easy, transparent and effective - and our team knows just how hard people within the healthcare industry work, which means we also recognise the need to deliver a timesaving and efficient service so that you can focus on care. We incorporate these ideals into our work practices in order to successfully guide you through the demanding world of recruitment.
What we do
Our goal is to provide you with a full, professional recruitment package tailored to your specific needs. We achieve this by understanding three things: who you are, what you do and how you do it. We believe that by understanding these we are better able to source quality candidates that will share your values and integrate well within your culture.
We also have a qualified Nurse and Healthcare Assistant on our team to train our consultants in asking the right questions to find you the best staff, preventing ineffective recruitment.
At Heart Healthcare, the scope of our expertise extends all the way from hospitals and nursing homes to mental health organisations and community care. Our staff are even experienced in International and European Union recruitment drives, extending our candidate base far beyond that of just the UK.
Who we work with
We pride ourselves on delivering quality candidates to our clients. As we specialise in placing permanent staff in all healthcare settings, we have a firm grasp on what’s important. By hand-picking and thoroughly screening all of our applicants, we are not only able test suitability and eligibility before sending you a potential employee - we’re also able to test on the things that will matter to you, like culture fit and work ethic.
We take the same pride in our work when finding you your next role. When finding employment through Heart, we’ll offer you advice and guidance on potential opportunities that match your profile. We’ll organise interviews for you. We’ll even be there to negotiate your salary. We stay with you through your entire journey to ensure you’re perfectly happy in your new job.
Could we help you?
• Nurses (RGN/ RMN/ RNLD)
• Healthcare Management/ Directors
• Specialised nurses
• Care home staff
• Healthcare Assistants
• Senior Nurses
• Residential support workers
• Homecare staff