BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK - and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare's Edgbaston Hospital in Birmingham has a vacancy for a Registered Nurse to join their professional team of staff in the wards.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
* RGN or post EN conversion course
* Post registration clinical course (desirable)
* Up to date knowledge in acute medicine / surgery
* Aware of NMC code of accountability
* Basic ward management
* Proven experience in an acute hospital
* Surgical experience in orthopaedics/ gynae/ general surgery/ cosmetics beneficial.
Duties of this role include:
* To ensure that standards of patient care are consistently maintained at all times in accordance with agreed operational policies as a skilled member of the ward nursing team
* To promote and safeguard the well-being and interests of all patients, employees and visitors
* To assist Senior Staff in their management of the hospital's wards and to provide effective leadership and management in their absence
* To assist in other wards or departments as required by the Director of Clinical Services
* To exercise economy in the use of drugs, dressings and equipment, providing a safe and cost effective service
* To conduct yourself professionally within the standard and framework provided by the NMC "Code of Professional Conduct"
* To work within the principles and framework provided by the NMC "Scope of Professional Practice"
* To actively participate in clinical teaching in the ward area under the direction of senior staff
* To work with senior staff to ensure the ward environment is conducive to satisfactory and continuing education and training programmes
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
* BMI Healthcare Scheme
* Dental Plan
* Childcare Vouchers
* Staff Pension Scheme
* Gym membership discount
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
As the UK's largest independent healthcare employer, with over 70 hospitals across the UK and over 10,000 staff, BMI Healthcare really is 'a magnet for the best' nursing, theatre and allied healthcare professionals, as well as non-clinical and support staff who underpin our growing business.
Whether you are newly-qualified, returning from a career break, or looking for a new challenge, we have some exceptional opportunities to build your career in healthcare.
Who are BMI?
BMI Healthcare is the acute private hospital division of our parent company General Healthcare Group and is the largest independent provider of private health care in the UK. We are committed to providing a consistent, high quality service to local communities.
BMI Healthcare has over 70 hospitals nationwide, each serving the health care needs of the local community. BMI hospitals have an enviable reputation for providing excellent medical and surgical facilities supported by state-of-the-art equipment and a very high standard of nursing care, within pleasant and comfortable surroundings.
Equipped with the latest technology, BMI hospitals perform more complex surgery than any other independent private health care provider in the country. Handling over 250,000 inpatient and 1,000,000 outpatient visits each year, nearly half the procedures undertaken for patients are of a major or complex nature.
BMI hospitals attract consultants and clinical teams from a wide range of specialties, most of whom have extensive experience gained within the NHS. Supported by BMI Healthcare’s high calibre staff, they are able to undertake a wide range of procedures from routine investigations to the most complex, high acuity cases such as cardiac and neuro surgery.
At BMI Healthcare, we focus on clinical excellence, quality of service and efficiency. We have a well deserved reputation for consistent achievement in these areas throughout the independent health care sector. Healthcare is a people business at its heart, and quality is at the core of what we do.
So, we want to attract and retain the best staff we can, and help them to grow with us. Our aim is for BMI Healthcare to be an exceptional place to work, and we’re constantly striving to ensure that our staff are proud and happy to work here.