The Lister Fertility Clinic, based at The Lister Hospital, is widely recognised as one of the leading fertility centres in the UK. Since opening in 1988, it has maintained its reputation as being one of the most successful IVF clinics in the country.
Under the leadership of our clinical director, Mr Hossam Abdalla, FROG, who is at the forefront of new developments in the field of infertility, we pride ourselves on consistently high success rates whilst still being able to assist couples whose fertility treatment has been unsuccessful elsewhere or who may been declined treatment elsewhere.
Drawing upon our experience of treating over 2,000 couples per year, together with the invaluable support provided by our satellite fertility clinics, our experienced team of doctors, nurses, embryologists and counsellors are committed to providing you with a holistic and considered approach to investigating and treating a wide spectrum of fertility problems.
As the Sister in our IVF clinic you will support the Senior Sister in the smooth running of the clinic and supervision of junior nursing staff. You will be essential for ensuring the welfare of couples undergoing fertility treatments and will be responsible for implementing and monitoring patient treatment cycles. In addition, you will be required to maintain a high standard of clinical practice and clinical care.
37.5 hours per week (Mon to Fri between 8am - 6pm in shift patterns-also 2 Saturdays a month and occasional Sundays
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare for and assist with the smooth running of the clinic ensuring a high standard of nursing care.
- Responsible for the scheduling of patient treatment cycles, liasing with doctors to arrange prescription and drug administration.
- Assist the doctors with embryo transfers under ultrasound guidance.
- Perform Intra-Uterine Inseminations
- Management of the nursing team overseeing HR duties and personnel development
- Plan and monitor staffing needs using work force planning
- Make efficient use of available resources with regard to budgetary constraints and business objectives.
- Maintain all stores and equipment, requisitioning supplies, repairs and replacements, informing Unit Co-ordinator of any major replacements required.
- Actively participate in policy formation and review.
- Identify, report and respond to complaints, accidents and incidents effectively and according to hospital policy.
- Identify areas where patient care could be improved and identify strategies for achieving these improvements.
- Assist in audit and quality assessment procedures.
Join the leaders in private healthcare
Unrivalled expertise. The latest innovations. All that’s missing is you.
HCA Healthcare UK is one of the UK’s leading private healthcare providers. With six world-renowned hospitals in London and an expanding network of cutting-edge partnership facilities up and down the country, we’re a destination of choice for patients and healthcare professionals alike. Our achievements have been recognised by the LaingBuisson Independent Healthcare Awards 2016, the HealthInvestor Awards and the International Medical Travel Journal Awards.
If you’re looking for a rewarding career in nursing, look no further. At HCA UK you’ll take pride in working with top consultants and leading-edge technology to deliver exceptional acute and complex care. And through our relocation support programme, you’ll be able to do so at renowned facilities like The Portland Hospital and London Bridge Hospital. What’s more, whether you’re in oncology, PICU, paediatrics or neuro-rehab, you’ll get exceptional training at our Learning Academy.
As well as support from leading specialists and the latest technology, we also offer our employees a host of benefits that go above and beyond – from private healthcare and critical illness insurance, to staff discounts and paid study leave.
The Harley Street Clinic, The Lister Hospital, London Bridge Hospital, LOC, The Portland Hospital, The Princess Grace Hospital, The Wellington Hospital