The Sister / Charge Nurse will be responsible for providing high quality nursing through assessing, planning, delivering and evaluating care for patients within the Critical Care Unit. The role will require effectively working within the team, supervising, coaching and developing junior staff and deputising for the Senior Nursing team when necessary, as well as being confident working independently.
Duties & Responsibilities
Skills & Experience
- To ensure the provision of excellent, evidence based nursing care for the children and their families
- To communicate complex and sensitive information effectively to patients, carers and other staff
- Assist in ensuring the safety of the department and the risk management process
- To provide a challenging environment for junior colleagues to promote their development
- To act as a clinical role model
- To participate in staff performance reviews and staff developments
- RGN with valid NMC PIN
- Assessing and mentoring qualification
- Experience at senior level within ITU/HDU
- Excellent clinical governance, experience with audits and an understanding of safeguarding issues
- To be competent in the administration of medication, including intravenous routes as well as tracheostomy and ventilation skills
INTERESTED? PLEASE CONTACT JESSICA ALVES
[... Click Apply...]
[... Click Apply...]
HCL Permanent, as part of the UK’s largest healthcare recruitment company, have unrivalled nursing recruitment industry knowledge on both a local and global basis.
We are approved by the Department of Health (UK) for International recruitment. Our clients range from Regional Health Boards requiring hundreds of staff to specialist start up clinics requiring a Clinical Director to develop the centre.
Over the past 3 years we have successfully placed over 1,000 staff into permanent posts within the UK, Ireland and globally; achieving a 91% retention rate for candidates still in their post after 12 months. This is testament to our stringent recruitment and pre-selection processes which are led by clinicians and qualified HR staff.