To prescribe, deliver and supervise the execution of excellent standards of care in accordance with our policies and procedures; To lead a care team promoting rehabilitation and independence, together with dignity and respect, such that the lives of our residents is as they would wish it, and choose it, to be.
- Ensure the highest possible standards of care, assessing residents' needs and wishes, and developing services to enhance their quality of life.
- Champion appropriate independence and personal choice; developing, reviewing and updating care plans to meet our residents physical, social and psychological needs.
- Oversee all aspects of medicine management on your shift - ensuring medicines are appropriately received, stored and administered, in accordance with company policies and current legislation.
- Build the positive reputation of the Business; liaise professionally with visitors and other external stakeholders.
- Ensure all elements of resident experience are positive, from admission to discharge.
- Participate knowledgably and professionally to all inspection visits, ensuring your team is ready at all times to do the same.
- Ensure compliance with all legal, regulatory and best practice guidelines - identify, investigate and resolve risks proactively.
- Ensure you follow a rigorous monitoring and recording practice; documenting efficiently, and thoroughly all matters relating to residents and employees.
- Promote a cohesive team approach and a welcoming atmosphere to ensure staff members feel a connection to our residents and the home, and they are well supported to deliver high quality care.
- Understand the key targets of your host home and support the Home Manager in their achievement by promoting and practicing high standards of nursing care and ensuring staff and shifts are supervised in a smooth manner.
- Support, guide, teach and mentor others in line with the NMC Code, following its guidance at all times.
- Attend relevant meetings both internal and external; attend regular team meetings and monthly appraisals with line manager.
- Act as a reflective and developmental practitioner participating to continual professional development and meeting the requirements of professional revalidation.
Qualifications & Accreditations
NMC Registered Nurse
Key Skills and Behaviours - (Essential)
- The ability to lead a team, analyse problems and propose solutions or improvements
- Able to communicate effectively and to develop professional relationships
- Understands and effectively uses IT and communication systems required for the role
- Respectful of the values, views and needs of others
- Able to work under pressure and prioritize workload
Key Experience and Knowledge - (Desirable)
- Experience of delivering nursing care within elderly health care sector
- People Management experience
- Experience of participating in quality and clinical governance programmes
We are recruiting for nurses with strong passion and commitment to enhance the specialist services we deliver, together with a positive and flexible attitude and person centred ethos. Our ideal candidates are forward thinking and up to date with current practices, with the ability to show leadership qualities and desire to maintain excellent industry knowledge.
Four Seasons Health Care provide a variety of competitive benefits, including:
- A generous holiday allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Bespoke development programme
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee discount scheme
- Free parking and uniform (where applicable)
As a qualified nurse you can also enjoy up to £1,250 in your first year as a "Welcome Bonus".
* subject to terms and conditions.
If you have the skills to succeed in this role and are committed to the provision of quality care please apply now.
Four Seasons Health Care is the UK’s largest independent health and social care provider. The company operates around 450 care homes and 60 hospitals and specialist care centres in England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Jersey and the Isle of Man.
We employ more than 30,000 staff caring for around 20,000 residents.
Our care homes division has taken a sector lead in the development of specialist services for residents with higher dependency needs including nursing care for infirm elderly, respite, step-up and step-down care, end-of-life care and an award winning specialist dementia service that is studied internationally.
Our Specialised Services Division, The Huntercombe Group, is in its own right one of the UK's leading specialist healthcare providers, with hospitals and centres located throughout England and Scotland, delivering wide ranging professional treatments in the areas of: Adult Mental Health and Learning Disabilities, Brain Injury and Neurodisability, Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS), Eating Disorders, Addictions and Children with specialist needs.
The Group is trading successfully with occupancy at circa 87%.
In 2012 Four Seasons and Terra Firma, a leading private equity firm, concluded a transaction under which Terra Firma has acquired Four Seasons from the various banks and financial institutions who were our owners.
The priority is to ensure continuous improvement in quality of care. Terra Firma is investing in Four Seasons’ estate, to enhance existing properties and to acquire homes and develop new ones.