The Harley Street Clinic is one of the most prestigious and respected private hospitals in London, specialising in complex, cancer, cardiac and neuroscience, care for both adults and children. With the most advanced medical equipment and the largest private paediatric ITU in the country, it's no surprise we attract some of the finest specialist consultants from many of London's major teaching hospitals.
The successful applicant will have access to all of HCA's fantastic benefits. On top of this the successful candidate will work within an established organisation based in one of London's most renowned medical locations and known worldwide for its outstanding service.
The Harley Street Clinic have an opportunity for a Staff Nurse to join the team within the Oncology Service. You will work as a skilled member of the nursing team, to provide a high standard of holistic family centred care to the patients and families.
We can discuss both full time and part time opportunities.
The working shifts are 08:00-16:00 or 10:00-18:00 Monday to Friday, NO NIGHTS, NO WEEKENDS
The salary range for this role is £31,630 - £35,822 per annum (dependent on experience)
Contact to discuss, arrange an informal visit or request a detailed Job Description.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure individualised care plans are in place for all patients in the designated clinical area
- Ensure an ongoing welcoming, caring and safe environment is provided for patients and their families
- Work within and monitor standards of care within the defined policies, procedures, standards and protocols of the Unit to ensure adherence to, and delivery of, a high quality service
- Comply with and promote infection control standards and relevant care bundles to the department
- Ensure effective communication processes are adhered to and meet the needs of patients and relatives as well as other members of the multidisciplinary team
- Communicate complex and sensitive information effectively to patients, carers and other staff
Skills & Experience
- NMC Registered Nurse (RN Adult)
- Oncology experience is essential
- Assessing & Mentoring qualification desirable
- Relevant courses/ experience in oncology/ haematology desirable
- Chemotherapy experience is desirable
- Radiotherapy experience is ideal but training will be given
- Must be competent in phlebotomy, cannulation and venepuncture
About The Individual
The successful candidate will be confident in working independently and be decisive in critical situations. You will have good interpersonal skills and be willing to support others. You must have a professional approach to work and demonstrate the ability to use initiative.
Join the leaders in private healthcare
Unrivalled expertise. The latest innovations. All that’s missing is you.
HCA Healthcare UK is one of the UK’s leading private healthcare providers. With six world-renowned hospitals in London and an expanding network of cutting-edge partnership facilities up and down the country, we’re a destination of choice for patients and healthcare professionals alike. Our achievements have been recognised by the LaingBuisson Independent Healthcare Awards 2016, the HealthInvestor Awards and the International Medical Travel Journal Awards.
If you’re looking for a rewarding career in nursing, look no further. At HCA UK you’ll take pride in working with top consultants and leading-edge technology to deliver exceptional acute and complex care. And through our relocation support programme, you’ll be able to do so at renowned facilities like The Portland Hospital and London Bridge Hospital. What’s more, whether you’re in oncology, PICU, paediatrics or neuro-rehab, you’ll get exceptional training at our Learning Academy.
As well as support from leading specialists and the latest technology, we also offer our employees a host of benefits that go above and beyond – from private healthcare and critical illness insurance, to staff discounts and paid study leave.
The Harley Street Clinic, The Lister Hospital, London Bridge Hospital, LOC, The Portland Hospital, The Princess Grace Hospital, The Wellington Hospital