ICU Nurse, Bupa Cromwell Hospital, London
Salary £30,967 to £37,087 dependant on experience plus excellent benefits and working environment
Located in the heart of Kensington, Bupa Cromwell Hospital is an international hospital committed to providing the highest quality healthcare for our patients. We are the preferred health care provider for leading consultants, complex patients, international and local patients alike. We deliver an unparalleled patient experience, tailored to cultural needs and are continuously improving best practice.
About the Department
The adult Intensive Care Unit is a 7 bedded General ICU, led by a dedicated team of consultant intensivists and Nursing staff. With the latest technology and equipment, you will provide 1:1 critical care for level 2 and 3 patients.
Who we're looking for
You will be a caring and compassionate nurse, delivering a high standard of care and attention to anyone that comes into our ICU. We are looking for you to have:
- Registered Nurse with current NMC pin
- ICU course would be desirable
- Experience working in ICU with ventilated patients
- Willingness to work as a team
- Excellent communication skills
About the role
As a Staff Nurse, you will be expected to provide a high level of care for patients by assessing, planning and delivering care to your patient. We will ask you to be responsible and accountable for your own practice and for ensuring a high quality service at all times. We really value our staff and the fantastic work they do, we will in return provide you with support in your career with us and a friendly and motivating environment to work in.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate care to meet the patient and their family's needs
- Responsible for planning and delivering appropriate care for admissions and discharges
- Ability to quickly identify any clinical problems and report or take appropriate action
- All ad hoc nursing duties as required by senior staff, including potential deputising for seniors in their absence
Why work for us?
We are looking for highly skilled and enthusiastic people with vision and ambition. In return, Bupa Cromwell Hospital offers its employees an environment where we embrace employee engagement, performance excellence, development and diversity, helping our people to realise their potential.
As well as competitive salaries, we want you to enjoy working with us. We support and appreciate our people and will help you develop your skills in a challenging and rewarding hospital environment. We have no shareholders, so any profit we make is re-invested in to the business to support our people and improve healthcare for our patients.
We offer a range of benefits, a few of which are listed below. However you can view the full list at the dedicated link on our careers page
- We'll help balance your home and work life with 25 days holiday each year (pro rata for part time employees).
- We believe in our business and the difference it can make, offering you free private medical insurance and subsidised rates for you to cover your immediate family.
- We also offer you discounts for treatment at the hospital for you and your immediate family if you're not covered by medical insurance.
- We offer peace of mind with free life assurance of three times your base pay.
- We support you in planning for your future with our occupational pension scheme.
- All employees benefit from a specialist online discount website covering your everyday shopping, entertainment, eating out and insurance cover.
- We have an employee referral scheme where you can earn an additional £800 by referring an ex-colleague, friend or family member.
- Our subsidised gym membership will help you keep in tip top shape!
- If you would prefer a full-body massage, we offer them free to staff too!
- And to keep you well fed, we have a subsidised staff restaurant and coffee shop lead by expert caterers.
For further information, please contact Lisa O'Connor on [... Click Apply...]or email [... Click Apply...]
Bupa’s purpose is longer, healthier, happier lives.
We do this by providing a broad range of healthcare services, support and advice to people throughout their lives.
A leading international healthcare group, we run care homes, health centres, dental centres and hospitals, offer personal and company health insurance and provide home healthcare, workplace health services, health assessments and chronic disease management services including health coaching.
With no shareholders, we can invest our profits to provide more and better healthcare. We are committed to making quality healthcare, focused on the patients needs, more affordable and accessible in the areas of wellness, chronic disease management and ageing. That’s why we have a broad range of products and services that you don’t need our health insurance to access.
We've a variety of roles, across our individual operating businesses (Bupa Home Healthcare, Bupa Health Funding, Bupa Health Clinics and Bupa Care Services). Our environment's warm and welcoming, our facilities first class and every individual is here to make a difference.
Roles are always rewarding. And you'll be rewarded too, with excellent benefits and career opportunities.