The Harley Street Clinic is one of the most prestigious and respected private hospitals in London, specialising in complex, cancer, cardiac and neuroscience, care for both adults and children. With the most advanced medical equipment and the largest private paediatric ITU in the country, it's no surprise we attract some of the finest specialist consultants from many of London's major teaching hospitals.
The Adult Acute Surgical Team provides a full range of acute surgical services including neurosurgery (craniotomies, brain tumour debulking), upper and lower GI surgery (oesophagectomy, whipples, abdominal wall reconstructive surgery colostomy and ileostomy formation and reversal, hemicolectomy), complex ENT and maxillofacial surgery (tumour debulking and reconstruction including tracheostomy formation), gynaecology, breast reconstructive surgery (mastectomy and DIEP flap reconstruction) and liver surgery(hepatectomy). The patient mix consists of adults with a variable level of dependency and provides ITU and HDU step down care.
The unit also offers an enhanced recovery pathway for most specialities.
The successful applicant will have access to all of HCA's fantastic benefits. On top of this the successful candidate will work within an established organisation based in one of London's most renowned medical locations and known worldwide for its outstanding service.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Clinical Practice Facilitator to join the Acute Adult Surgical Team on a Permanent Full Time basis.
You will be providing effective expertise, advice and support to the team. You will be able to inspire, motivate and develop the nursing workforce to deliver the highest quality nursing care by developing strategies for induction, education and continuing professional development of nursing staff within the Acute Adult Surgical Team.
You will be able to make effective use of resources ensuring the highest standards of care to patients and families are achieved on a 24-hour basis.
This is a Full Time Permanent Post working 37.5 Hours a week, Mon - Fri flexible, Early & lates. NO NIGHTS
Salary - £40,000 - £45,419 depending on experience
Duties & Responsibilities
- Working with the CPF's, is closely involved clinically with the development of all grades of staff including post registration course students, pre-registration students, graduate nurses and Overseas Nursing Programme nurses, determining proficiency based on competency assessment.
- Work with the Quality Matron and Unit Manager and Adult Surgical nursing team and other CPF's to identify strategies for practice development.
- Work with the Quality Matron and Unit Manager and Adult Surgical nurses and other CPF's to identify and implement structures to support best practice.
- Promote and incorporate research/evidence based practice within the clinical setting.
- Facilitate awareness of professional and educational development by acting as a resource person.
- Deputise in the absence of the Quality Matron or the Unit Manager and Adult Surgical nurses.
- Develop competency based practice, supported by the other CPFs
- Liaise with outside educational organisations to help support the learning and development strategy
- Working with the Quality Matron, senior nurses and other CPFs establish a system for the implementation of practice change/improvement following action planning in response to incidents.
- To work 50% of the time in the clinical area supporting the Adult Surgical staff in practice, facilitating reflective practice and providing day to day support.
Skills & Experience
- NMC Registered Nurse with relevant Degree in Nursing
- Assessing & Mentoring qualification
- Neuro or Spinal experience is preferred for this role
- Basic Life Support training
- Excellent Adult Surgical clinical skills
- Effective managerial, leadership and organisational skills.
- Effective teaching, training and preceptorship skills.
- Significant post registration experience of having worked with acute/chronically unwell Surgical patients.
About The Individual
The successful candidate will diplomatic and decisive with the willingness to take on managerial responsibility. Good organisation and communication skills are essential.
Join the leaders in private healthcare
Unrivalled expertise. The latest innovations. All that’s missing is you.
HCA Healthcare UK is one of the UK’s leading private healthcare providers. With six world-renowned hospitals in London and an expanding network of cutting-edge partnership facilities up and down the country, we’re a destination of choice for patients and healthcare professionals alike. Our achievements have been recognised by the LaingBuisson Independent Healthcare Awards 2016, the HealthInvestor Awards and the International Medical Travel Journal Awards.
If you’re looking for a rewarding career in nursing, look no further. At HCA UK you’ll take pride in working with top consultants and leading-edge technology to deliver exceptional acute and complex care. And through our relocation support programme, you’ll be able to do so at renowned facilities like The Portland Hospital and London Bridge Hospital. What’s more, whether you’re in oncology, PICU, paediatrics or neuro-rehab, you’ll get exceptional training at our Learning Academy.
As well as support from leading specialists and the latest technology, we also offer our employees a host of benefits that go above and beyond – from private healthcare and critical illness insurance, to staff discounts and paid study leave.
The Harley Street Clinic, The Lister Hospital, London Bridge Hospital, LOC, The Portland Hospital, The Princess Grace Hospital, The Wellington Hospital