Quality and Risk Matron- Theatres
Salary up to £54,500 per annum plus Benefits
As the Theatre Matron, leading Risk and Quality under the direction of the Theatre Manager, you will work closely with the theatre teams and clinical ward areas to develop implement and maintain a patient safety and quality improvement program. An expert in patient safety and quality improvement, this position works in partnership with risk management, operational efficiency, and assigned teams to ensure that the organization meets or exceeds patient safety and quality improvement goals. You will be responsible for the assessment of clinical and non-clinical risk and quality issues within the Theatre department.
You will ensure that all incidents are investigated, managed and reported appropriately and will analyse risk information from theatres, produce trend information to support mitigating action and provide the learning from incidents. You will support the Theatre Services to reduce risk and further develop a positive culture of risk management, ensuring that all incidents investigations are closed in a timely manner.
You will also work closely with the Theatre Teams and Consultants to develop implement and maintain quality improvement programs.
Duties & Responsibilities
• To contribute to the setting and monitoring of measurable standards of care and be accountable for maintaining standards.
• To uphold quality initiatives that improves ‘customer care’ and enhances the interface between staff, patients and visitors within the Peri-Operative Environment.
• Managing all Incidents reported by staff and other areas of the hospital, reviewing, collating and gathering information, and closing the incidents following appropriate investigative information.
• Reporting findings to the teams and developing improvement processes with the teams and Practice Development Nurse.
• To update and maintain the Risk Register and review with the Clinical Governance team
• To uphold quality initiatives that improves ‘customer care’ and enhances the interface between staff, patients and visitors.
• To work with teams, interact/collaborate with individuals in all areas in theatres and ward areas disciplines to resolve issues concerning patient quality issues.
• To be responsible for Audit, local and National in the department, assisting the teams to achieve levels of understanding on Audit
Skills & Experience
• Registered Theatre Practitioner with extensive practical experience
• Broad experience in a quality and/or risk role is essential
• Extensive leadership experience
• An awareness and understanding of contemporary professional and educational Perioperative environment issues
• Teaching Experience (minimum ENB 997/998)
• Professional Degree or equivalent and a willingness and / or intention to study to Masters Level
• A Risk and Quality Management Qualification or equivalent experience
• Knowledge of the governance and UK legislative framework
• Good understanding of the principles of clinical governance including Risk and Quality Management
• Good understanding of the factors that influenced the development of current Perioperative services within England.
• Teaching Qualification is desirable
• Root cause analysis training is desirable
• Insurance – Life, Dental
• Critical Illness Cover
• Up to 30 days holidays
• Health Assessments
• Private medical cover
• Excellent Accommodation
• Cycle to work Scheme, Gymflex
• Please send through your details to be able to discuss what you are looking for with our recruitment team and be considered for this opportunity!
For more information or a confidential discussion please contact Martine Cohen at JS3 Recruitment on [... Click Apply...]or email [... Click Apply...].
If you are responding directly to this position please attach your current CV and inform us of your current remuneration.
Should you know anyone who may be seeking an opportunity then JS3 offer a referral scheme. Please refer to our website [... Click Apply...] for more details.
JS3 Recruitment was established in order to deliver alternative recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates alike. Whatever your requirements we will deliver what we have promised in the timescales that we have agreed. Clients and candidates will always be treated fairly and with equal importance and so our objectives are simple – to be open and honest with everyone at all times. In short our business is about Exceeding Expectations
In 2011 JS3 Recruitment further developed by launching a Medical Division into its portfolio. We work with candidates and clients to find that perfect match – we source talent that will benefit your organisation and we look to place candidates with organisation’s whom match the candidates profiles. We recruit into the Private Sector the NHS and also work with some of the leading healthcare providers. This division is led by someone whom has over 18 years recruitment expertise and someone whom knows the market and can indeed match closely!
In short, we provide a tailor made personal service which prides itself on honesty integrity and complete transparency in terms of providing recruitment solutions we deliver exactly what we promise.
We work within the healthcare sector and recruit into post some of the most innovative GPs, Lead GPs, Nurse Practitioners, Advanced Nurse Practitioners, Practice Nurses, Specialist RGNs, Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Speech and Language Therapists, Registered Nurses (RMN, RGN, RNLD, RSCN), Practice Managers, Deputy Practice Managers, Sonographers and Radiographers.