Paediatric Oncology Clinical Practice Facilitator
Salary up to £45,000 per annum plus Benefits
As part of a multidisciplinary team the post holder will facilitate in the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patients’ care, in a holistic manner. In the absence of the ward sister, the post holder will have continuing responsibility for the management of the unit including supervision and deployment of staff.
Provide specialist clinical practice and theoretical knowledge to the patient, family, carers, colleagues, pre and post registration learners, support staff, medical students, other disciplines, and families.
The post holder has responsibility and accountability for maintaining both clinical and staff governance, to support the modern matron, and senior sister in the development of an environment that promotes staff development and training.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Work 50% of the time in the clinical area supporting staff to develop competencies in specialist areas.
• Ensure individualised care plans are in place for all patients in the designated clinical area.
• Work within and monitor standards of care within the defined policies, procedures, standards and protocols of the Unit to ensure adherence to, and delivery of, a high quality service.
• Ensure all staff are complying with infection control standards and relevant care bundles to the department.
• Ensure effective communication processes are in place to meet the needs of patients, relatives and other members of the multidisciplinary team.
• In support of the Charge Nurses ensure that all nursing staff is aware of, and work within, local, directorate and Division policies and procedures to ensure that safe working practices are maintained for both patients and staff.
• Propose and develop policies/procedures and working practices within clinical area and ensure they are implemented.
• Responsible for ensuring the agreed standard of patient care is delivered during span of duty and is monitored through participating in clinical audit.
• Where relevant be proactively involved in research programmes within the clinical area and implement and disseminate findings of relevance to the multidisciplinary team.
• Respect and ensure patient privacy and confidentiality
• To maintain accurate patient records and educate staff members in relation to the importance of documentation
• Respects legislation in relation to child protection and mandatory reporting at all times.
• Respect and address the equality and diversity needs of patients, families, carer’s staff, and the multidisciplinary team.
• Promote discharge planning commencing at admission and educate junior staff with regards to discharge planning.
Skills and Experience
• Excellent cardiology/Oncology clinical skills
• Relevant specialist skills and abilities for the department e.g. Oncology
• Effective managerial, leadership and organisational skills.
• Effective teaching, training and preceptorship skills
• Able to motivate and develop a team of staff
• Able to problem solve and initiate change
• Able to work across professional team and organizational boundaries
• Ability to delegate and prioritise
• Interviewing skills
• Appraisal skills
• Administration of IV drugs
• Significant post registration experience of having worked with Oncology/Cardiology Patients
• Experience of supervising and assessing students
• Previous experience in the relevant specialty
• Previous ward management experience
• Teaching, supervision and managerial experience
• Experience of coordinating and managing patient care
• Previous experience of research and audit
• Previous experience of change management and problem solving
• Experience of handling clinical incidents and complaint
• Insurance – Life, Dental
• Critical Illness Cover
• Up to 30 days holidays
• Health Assessments
• Private medical cover
• Excellent Accommodation
• Cycle to work Scheme, Gymflex
For more information or a confidential discussion please contact Martine Cohen at JS3 Recruitment on [... Click Apply...]or email [... Click Apply...].
If you are responding directly to this position please attach your current CV and inform us of your current remuneration.
Should you know anyone who may be seeking an opportunity then JS3 offer a referral scheme. Please refer to our website [... Click Apply...] for more details.
JS3 Recruitment was established in order to deliver alternative recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates alike. Whatever your requirements we will deliver what we have promised in the timescales that we have agreed. Clients and candidates will always be treated fairly and with equal importance and so our objectives are simple – to be open and honest with everyone at all times. In short our business is about Exceeding Expectations
In 2011 JS3 Recruitment further developed by launching a Medical Division into its portfolio. We work with candidates and clients to find that perfect match – we source talent that will benefit your organisation and we look to place candidates with organisation’s whom match the candidates profiles. We recruit into the Private Sector the NHS and also work with some of the leading healthcare providers. This division is led by someone whom has over 18 years recruitment expertise and someone whom knows the market and can indeed match closely!
In short, we provide a tailor made personal service which prides itself on honesty integrity and complete transparency in terms of providing recruitment solutions we deliver exactly what we promise.
We work within the healthcare sector and recruit into post some of the most innovative GPs, Lead GPs, Nurse Practitioners, Advanced Nurse Practitioners, Practice Nurses, Specialist RGNs, Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Speech and Language Therapists, Registered Nurses (RMN, RGN, RNLD, RSCN), Practice Managers, Deputy Practice Managers, Sonographers and Radiographers.