The Harley Street Clinic is one of the most prestigious and respected private hospitals in London, specialising in complex, cancer, cardiac and neuroscience, care for both adults and children. With the most advanced medical equipment and the largest private paediatric ITU in the country, it's no surprise we attract some of the finest specialist consultants from many of London's major teaching hospitals.
The cardiac ward is made up of 15 private rooms and a 5-bedded CCU - all rooms and beds have full cardiac monitors. The patients treated on the unit are cardiac medical, intervention and surgical and thoracic medical and surgical.
The successful applicant will have access to all of HCA's fantastic benefits. On top of this the successful candidate will work within an established organization based in one of London's most renowned medical locations and known worldwide for its outstanding service.
To work as a skilled member of the nursing team, to provide a high standard of holistic family centred care to the patients and families.
Rotational shift pattern that includes; early, lates, nights and weekends.
The salary range for this role is £35,059 - £39,706 per anuum depending on experience
- To take responsibility for the unit in the absence of the senior nurse
- Ensure the provision of appropriate mentors for student nurses, and provide a supportive and challenging environment for students in training.
- Ensure individualised care plans are in place for all patients in the designated clinical area.
- Ensure an ongoing welcoming, caring and safe environment is provided for patients and their families.
- To supervise and support members of the ward team and ensure that all patients receive appropriate care
- To co-ordinate patient care with the multidisciplinary team
- To manage allocated resources effectively and efficiently
- To ensure documentation is completed accurately and within agreed timescales
- NMC Registered Nurse (RN Adult)
- Assessing & Mentoring qualification and experience of supervising and assessing students
- Relevant courses in Cardiology/Cardiothoracic
- Experience of working with acute/chronically ill patients in a cardiac setting
- Intermediate Life Support
- Experience at SSN level or equivalent is desirable
- Understanding of the importance of research and evidence based practice
The successful candidate will be committed to providing exceptional patient centred care. They will work well in a team, showing respect, sharing information and supporting others as well as using their own initiative. Strong time management skills and a professional approach to work are key.
Join the leaders in private healthcare
Unrivalled expertise. The latest innovations. All that’s missing is you.
HCA Healthcare UK is one of the UK’s leading private healthcare providers. With six world-renowned hospitals in London and an expanding network of cutting-edge partnership facilities up and down the country, we’re a destination of choice for patients and healthcare professionals alike. Our achievements have been recognised by the LaingBuisson Independent Healthcare Awards 2016, the HealthInvestor Awards and the International Medical Travel Journal Awards.
If you’re looking for a rewarding career in nursing, look no further. At HCA UK you’ll take pride in working with top consultants and leading-edge technology to deliver exceptional acute and complex care. And through our relocation support programme, you’ll be able to do so at renowned facilities like The Portland Hospital and London Bridge Hospital. What’s more, whether you’re in oncology, PICU, paediatrics or neuro-rehab, you’ll get exceptional training at our Learning Academy.
As well as support from leading specialists and the latest technology, we also offer our employees a host of benefits that go above and beyond – from private healthcare and critical illness insurance, to staff discounts and paid study leave.
The Harley Street Clinic, The Lister Hospital, London Bridge Hospital, LOC, The Portland Hospital, The Princess Grace Hospital, The Wellington Hospital