Bupa Care Homes Ailsa Craig
Unit Manager - Nursing
RGN or RMN qualification required for this role
Salary based on 42 hours contract £31, 733 with Paid breaks, and the opportunity to develop your career and enhance your clinical skills.
If you're a dedicated RN/ RMN with a valid NMC PIN Number, seeking your next challenge and further develop yourself consider a move to Bupa Care Homes. We provide expert nursing, dementia, residential and specialist care to around 18,000 people in over 300 UK homes. Our aim? To help each and every one of them to live longer, healthier and happier lives.
About the role
* Leading your team, you will be in charge of all day-to-day care activity in your designated unit or floor within the home, including maintaining accurate records for each of our residents whilst consistently delivering the very highest care standards
* You will take responsibility for assessing the physical, mental and social needs of our residents, whilst at the same time building excellent personal relationships with both them and their families
* Creating and developing strong links with local professional bodies, you will play an important role in raising the care home's profile within the community
* It is likely that, from time to time, you will be expected to provide cover outside of normal hours.
Who we're looking for
* A level one Registered Nurse or registered mental health nurse
* You will be committed to championing independence, choice and dignity in the home
* You'll have dedication and passion for helping make every day special for our residents
* An ability to build warm and trusting relationships with our residents and their families
What we'll offer you in return
* Bupa Fit - a staff health benefit including a confidential hotline to discuss work or home related concerns with professional advisor's, access to free physiotherapy and discounted gym membership, free flu vaccine and discounts on Bupa dental
* A starting salary which reflects your current skills and experience. You will be given every opportunity to increase this salary through training and development
* Cycle to Work Scheme
* Child care vouchers
* Refer a friend scheme
* Bupa Cash Plan discounts
* We cover the cost of your PVG Check
* We cover the cost of NMC registration (£120) *
* Comprehensive induction and on-going training and development
* Competitive staff benefits such as weekly offers and discounts
* Hot meal provided on a 12 hour shift
* Uniform provided
* Pension and Life Assurance scheme available
* 28 days annual leave
* Recognition schemes including personal bests and annual National Care Home Awards
For more information, please visit [... Click Apply...]/nursingcareers callor email [... Click Apply...]
Looking for a new career is important. After all, who you work for, how they treat you and the impact that this new role has on your life can be huge. Which is why we think it’s important to spell out very clearly exactly what we stand for, what we value and most importantly – what we can offer you. So, choose to join Bupa Care homes and you’ll be joining:
A stable company – it’s important to be able to put your trust in an employer. To know that they’re well-established, growing and constantly investing in the future. Well we are. And, we’ve solid plans for the years ahead, so you can feel confident in being able to build a secure future with us too.
A company with no shareholders – This means we re-invest any profits, so our buildings, our people, our residents and their relatives all benefit from our ongoing success. In fact we’re so committed to ensuring that we constantly continue to provide the very best levels of care to everyone, that we’ve created an internal initiative called 'Personal Best,' that aims to specifically recognise people at Bupa for going above and beyond in order to improve the experience of all residents and families here.
A company incredibly focused on Training & Development – At Bupa we are very passionate about this because we believe that you can always learn more and be better. So even joining us as a manager, you still can progress, thanks to our ‘journey to excellence programme.' This ensure that natural channels for progression are always open to you and, due to the immense size and scope of our business – there’s no limit, either within the UK or across the globe to just how far you could progress.
A company that wants you to be yourself – We know that just being yourself makes all the difference to our residents, that’s why we encourage and recognise you for bringing yourself to work, all of you.
If we were you, we’d want to be given some clear reasons for choosing to join Bupa Care Homes. We hope, we’ve given you some. We look forward to hearing from you very soon.
We are looking for individuals who are naturally caring and compassionate with a real empathy; you will provide quality care and do the small things that make a big difference to our residents’ lives. You will assess needs, deliver care plans and play a key role in all aspects of care as part of a friendly and supportive team that does extraordinary things to deliver the best care. And in return, you’ll enjoy plenty of variety, a range of benefits, industry leading training all within a stable organisation.
So if you’re a nurse looking for excellent opportunities to further your career and develop your skills, we would love to hear from you.