The Harley Street Clinic is one of the most prestigious and respected private hospitals in London, specialising in complex, cancer, cardiac and neuroscience, care for both adults and children. With the most advanced medical equipment and the largest private paediatric ITU in the country, it's no surprise we attract some of the finest specialist consultants from many of London's major teaching hospitals.
We have a 13 bedded PICU specialising in Congenital Cardiac Surgery, Oncology, Spinal Surgery, Neurosurgery and Renal Failure.
As part of the PICU team the successful applicant will have access to all of HCA's fantastic benefits. On top of this the successful candidate will work within an established organization based in one of London's most renowned medical locations and known worldwide for its outstanding service.
- As part of a multidisciplinary team the post holder will facilitate in the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patients' care, in a holistic manner.
- In the absence of the ward sister, the post holder will have continuing responsibility for the management of the unit including supervision and deployment of staff.
- Provide specialist clinical practice and theoretical knowledge to the patient, family, carers, colleagues, pre and post registration learners, support staff, medical students, other disciplines, and families.
- The post holder has responsibility and accountability for maintaining both clinical and staff governance.
- To support the modern matron, and senior sister in the development of an environment that promotes staff development and training.
- Work 50% of the time in the clinical area supporting staff to develop competencies in specialist areas.
- Work within and monitor standards of care within the defined policies, procedures, standards and protocols of the Unit to ensure adherence to, and delivery of, a high quality service
- Ensure all staff are complying with infection control standards and relevant care bundles to the department
- In support of the Charge Nurses ensure that all nursing staff is aware of, and work within, local, directorate and Division policies and procedures to ensure that safe working practices are maintained for both patients and staff
- Propose and develop policies/procedures and working practices within clinical area and ensure they are implemented
- Responsible for ensuring the agreed standard of patient care is delivered and is monitored through participating in clinical audit
- To maintain accurate patient records and educate staff members in relation to the importance of documentation
- Respects legislation in relation to child protection and mandatory reporting at all times.
- Respect and address the equality and diversity needs of patients, families, carer's staff, and the multidisciplinary team
- Promote discharge planning commencing at admission and educate junior staff with regards to discharge planning
Skills & Experience
- Excellent cardiology/Oncology clinical skills
- Relevant specialist Oncology skills and abilities
- Effective managerial, leadership and organisational skills.
- Effective teaching, training and preceptorship skills
- Able to motivate and develop a team of staff
- Interviewing and Appraisal skills
- Significant post registration experience of having worked with Oncology/Cardiology Patients
- Experience of supervising and assessing students
- Previous ward management experience
- Experience of coordinating and managing patient care
- Previous experience of research and audit
- Experience of handling clinical incidents and complaint
Join the leaders in private healthcare
Unrivalled expertise. The latest innovations. All that’s missing is you.
HCA Healthcare UK is one of the UK’s leading private healthcare providers. With six world-renowned hospitals in London and an expanding network of cutting-edge partnership facilities up and down the country, we’re a destination of choice for patients and healthcare professionals alike. Our achievements have been recognised by the LaingBuisson Independent Healthcare Awards 2016, the HealthInvestor Awards and the International Medical Travel Journal Awards.
If you’re looking for a rewarding career in nursing, look no further. At HCA UK you’ll take pride in working with top consultants and leading-edge technology to deliver exceptional acute and complex care. And through our relocation support programme, you’ll be able to do so at renowned facilities like The Portland Hospital and London Bridge Hospital. What’s more, whether you’re in oncology, PICU, paediatrics or neuro-rehab, you’ll get exceptional training at our Learning Academy.
As well as support from leading specialists and the latest technology, we also offer our employees a host of benefits that go above and beyond – from private healthcare and critical illness insurance, to staff discounts and paid study leave.
The Harley Street Clinic, The Lister Hospital, London Bridge Hospital, LOC, The Portland Hospital, The Princess Grace Hospital, The Wellington Hospital