Staff Nurse- Part Time - Shropshire - Care Home
Registered General Nurse - Elderly Care - £14.62ph - £15.62ph
A fully CQC compliant nursing home situated in Shropshire is searching for 2 Staff Nurses (RGN)to join their professional and caring nursing team who support vulnerable residents who struggle to complete their daily routines and who require nursing care.
This medium to large size nursing home requires you as a Staff Nurse to be able to provide a high standard of nursing care to their elderly residents during your time on the main floor, some of whom are suffering from Dementia and Old Age. There are two separate units, one for those suffering with Dementia and are highly dependent and another unit which provides care for clients that require general nursing.
There are two positions for a Staff Nurse to be filled. The first position is for a Part time Night Nurse to work 18 hours a week and will pay £15.62ph. The second position is for a Staff nurse to work 24 hours a week working day shifts at £14.62ph.
The home is modern, unique and purpose built and is also close to local shops and is easy to get to via public transport.
'We are searching for 2 staff nurses to join our team of nurses at our unique, friendly and social home, where our residents are cared for like our own' - Home Manager
- Writing patient care plans;
- Implementing plans through tasks such as preparing patients for operations, wound treatment and monitoring pulse, blood pressure and temperature;
- Observing and recording the condition of patients;
- Checking and administering drugs and injections;
- Setting up drips and blood transfusions;
- Assisting with tests and evaluations;
- Carrying out routine investigations;
- Responding quickly to emergencies;
- Planning discharges from hospital and liaising with GPs and social workers;
- Communicating with and relieving the anxiety of patients and their relatives;
- Advocating on behalf of patients;
- Educating patients about their health;
- Organising staff and prioritising busy workloads;
- Mentoring student and junior nurses;
- Maintaining patient records;
- Making ethical decisions related to consent and confidentiality.
As a Staff Nurse you are offered -
- £14.62 - £15.62 per hour
- Flexibility with shifts
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Ongoing training and development
- Opportunities for career progression
What the Staff Nurse role requires of you -
- Caring and compassionate nature
- Excellent teamwork and people skills
- Observational skills
- Ability to lead
- Ability to use initiative
- Ability to deal with emotionally charged and pressured situations
- Verbal and written communication skills
Apply now to take advantage of this opportunity to join a nursing home recognised for its quality of care and a team committed to the comfort of its residents.
If your experience matches please forward your CV immediately White Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy
White Recruitment is a specialist recruitment agency, focusing on Care Home and Nursing Home recruitment in the UK. Our success is shaped through close professional relationships with both our candidates and clients.
We are able to provide you with assistance across all disciplines and at all levels. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
Unit and Team Leaders
To get in touch, please apply to our jobs through this website.