We are Recruiting for a Unit Manager at our Erskine Hall Care Home in Northwood
If you are a Level One Registered Nurse (ideally RMN) with the ability to build and maintain warm, trusting relationships with residents and their families, then you could be a perfect fit for this role
The ideal person will be committed to championing independence, choice and dignity in the home, as well as having; dedication and passion for helping make every day special for our residents
£27,040 - £37, 190 - Depending on experience and hours worked
Flexible working hours
About the role:
* Leading your team, you will be in charge of all day-to-day care activity in your designated unit or floor within the home, including maintaining accurate records for each of our residents whilst consistently delivering the very highest care standards
* You will take responsibility for assessing the physical, mental and social needs of our residents, whilst at the same time building excellent personal relationships with both them and their families
* Creating and developing strong links with local professional bodies, you will play an important role in raising the care home's profile within the community
* It is likely that, from time to time, you will be expected to provide cover outside of normal hours.
What's in it for you?
Bupa Care Homes values its people, so you can expect a competitive salary and benefits that include:
* 28 days holiday (including statutory bank holidays) pro-rata depending on your working hours
* Pension and Life Assurance scheme available
* Child care voucher scheme
* Free uniform
* Comprehensive induction, on-going training and development to widen your career prospects.
About the Home
Erskine Hall, situated in the pleasant leafy suburb of Northwood, has recently undergone major refurbishment to provide the highest level of comfort for its residents. With a specialised team committed to Parkinson's support, Erskine Hall is a top quality care home, with a range of elderly care facilities
Looking for a new career is important. After all, who you work for, how they treat you and the impact that this new role has on your life can be huge. Which is why we think it’s important to spell out very clearly exactly what we stand for, what we value and most importantly – what we can offer you. So, choose to join Bupa Care homes and you’ll be joining:
A stable company – it’s important to be able to put your trust in an employer. To know that they’re well-established, growing and constantly investing in the future. Well we are. And, we’ve solid plans for the years ahead, so you can feel confident in being able to build a secure future with us too.
A company with no shareholders – This means we re-invest any profits, so our buildings, our people, our residents and their relatives all benefit from our ongoing success. In fact we’re so committed to ensuring that we constantly continue to provide the very best levels of care to everyone, that we’ve created an internal initiative called 'Personal Best,' that aims to specifically recognise people at Bupa for going above and beyond in order to improve the experience of all residents and families here.
A company incredibly focused on Training & Development – At Bupa we are very passionate about this because we believe that you can always learn more and be better. So even joining us as a manager, you still can progress, thanks to our ‘journey to excellence programme.' This ensure that natural channels for progression are always open to you and, due to the immense size and scope of our business – there’s no limit, either within the UK or across the globe to just how far you could progress.
A company that wants you to be yourself – We know that just being yourself makes all the difference to our residents, that’s why we encourage and recognise you for bringing yourself to work, all of you.
If we were you, we’d want to be given some clear reasons for choosing to join Bupa Care Homes. We hope, we’ve given you some. We look forward to hearing from you very soon.
We are looking for individuals who are naturally caring and compassionate with a real empathy; you will provide quality care and do the small things that make a big difference to our residents’ lives. You will assess needs, deliver care plans and play a key role in all aspects of care as part of a friendly and supportive team that does extraordinary things to deliver the best care. And in return, you’ll enjoy plenty of variety, a range of benefits, industry leading training all within a stable organisation.
So if you’re a nurse looking for excellent opportunities to further your career and develop your skills, we would love to hear from you.