As a Staff Nurse on the Haematology Ward, you will be responsible for providing a high level of care to patients and their families. In addition, you will be confident in taking charge of the ward in the Senior Staff Nurses absence.
This is a permanent, full time role, working 37.5 hours per week, with shifts including days, nights, weekend and public holidays.
Duties & Responsibilities
Skills And Experience
- Independently assess, plan, deliver and evaluate patient care ensuring that patients are cared for in a safe, caring and comfortable environment
- Provide effective on-going evaluation of nursing care and interventions
- Implement changes in care smoothly, consulting patients, carers and the multi-disciplinary team
- Recognise and take appropriate action in emergency situations
- Record, monitor and interpret patient vital signs, reporting to the nurse in charge as required
- RGN, NMC registered with PIN
- Previous haematology/oncology experience
- Knowledge of chemotherapy treatment regimes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Skills in phlebotomy/IV and Chemotherapy would be desirable
- Previous exposure to palliative care would be advantageous
- Chemotherapy certificate would also be desirable
INTERESTED? PLEASE CALL JESSICA ALVES
[... Click Apply...]
[... Click Apply...]
HCL Permanent, as part of the UK’s largest healthcare recruitment company, have unrivalled nursing recruitment industry knowledge on both a local and global basis.
We are approved by the Department of Health (UK) for International recruitment. Our clients range from Regional Health Boards requiring hundreds of staff to specialist start up clinics requiring a Clinical Director to develop the centre.
Over the past 3 years we have successfully placed over 1,000 staff into permanent posts within the UK, Ireland and globally; achieving a 91% retention rate for candidates still in their post after 12 months. This is testament to our stringent recruitment and pre-selection processes which are led by clinicians and qualified HR staff.