Senior Staff Nurse - Orthopaedics
Permanent, Full Time
£34,205 - £38,738 per annum
We are interested to hear from experienced Orthopaedic Nurses now wanting a new exciting challenge - Pulse is working alongside a large, well established private hospital in Central London to recruit a Senior Nurse for their Orthopaedic department.
This role is based within a dedicated 22 bedded inpatient orthopaedic/surgical ward that is committed to providing both excellent nursing and customer service.
This department very much focuses on the entire patients journey from admission to discharge. They believe it is very important to our nursing teams that they get to spend valuable one-on-one time with their patients - something that would be difficult to do in an NHS hospital of this size.
Due to the expansion of the Orthopaedic Services and management team we are currently seeking to recruit a motivated, clinically skilled, patient focused Senior Staff Nurse. The role includes assessing, planning, delivering and evaluating high standards of nursing care. You will work within a team, supervising and directing junior staff and deputising for the charge nurse / ward sisters on a regular basis. You will also be responsible for ensuring our patients receive an excellent patient experience and be directly involved in staff development, audit, clinical benchmarking and development.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Independently assess patient care requirements and agree with the patient the level of nursing care required involving the main carer where appropriate.
* Deliver nursing care and initiate change or decide upon new and complex care with appropriate supervision and acts as the patient advocate.
* Work with HCA/students delegating and supervising care as appropriate.
* Evaluate nursing outcomes based on assessment and analysis of nursing interventions.
* Provide effective on-going evaluation of nursing care and interventions.
* Recognise and take appropriate action in emergency situations.
* Ensure that appropriate nursing procedures are implemented relating to all intravenous therapy and other care undertaken.
Skills & Experience
* Registered Nurse Level 1 with current valid NMC
* Relevant qualifications including the Mentorship course and relevant orthopaedic / surgical course.
* Phlebotomy training desirable.
* Evidence of updating clinical skills/knowledge
* Management skills /mentorship skills
In addition to working within a supportive and structured team, the successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive salary between £34,205 - £38,738 per annum.
To discuss further or to apply you can call us today or complete the form below and one of our experienced Consultants will get back to you as soon as possible.
Pulse is a leading provider of health and social care staffing to the UK and international healthcare sectors.
We support NHS Trusts and private health sector providers by placing expert and compliant nurses, midwives, doctors, allied health and health science staff into the right permanent and temporary roles.
Through attracting and nurturing the best people, we help our clients deliver the best compassionate care.