Senior Staff Nurse - Critical Care
£33,370 - £37,793
Pulse is working in conjunction with one of the largest private hospital groups in the UK and the largest in London to recruit for their Critical Care Unit based within the North London Hospital.
We are recruiting a Senior Staff Nurse to join this well established and growing Intensive Care Team. This hospital has one of the largest critical care services of its kind in the private sector, complimented with four decades of expertise in critical care; year on year their results and outcomes following critical illness compare very favourably to the best NHS and private facilities across the country.
The critical care facilities at this Hospital provide consistently high standards of service and offer care for patients who have critical medical conditions or have undergone major surgery, from specialist areas such as complex spinal, liver, cardio, thoracic, general and neurosurgery.
The Senior Nurse will have a rare opportunity to join a vast critical care directorate consisting of 34 Level 3 (Intensive Care) Beds and 39 Level 2 (High Dependency) Beds across the hospital (which is split over two sites). Along with a 24hr on-site pharmacy support with access to critical care pharmacists and 24hr theatre support, including cardio-pulmonary bypass and laminar flow facilities.
As Senior Staff Nurse, you will assess, plan and deliver care in what is a fast-paced environment. So you will need to lead the way with excellent clinical practice, an efficient approach to managing the team and resources, and a clear focus on delivering the highest standards through a strong team approach. You will also be confident in deputising for the Sister, when required and are happy to share your skills and knowledge amongst the team and equally grow your own skills too.
The successful candidate will receive a salary between £33,370 - £37,793 depending on experience and skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Regularly deputise for Sister, providing management and leadership in her absence
* Assess, plan and deliver care, based on individual patient and family needs
* Evaluate care of the team and ensure standards are met
* Responsible for the control storage and administration of drugs
* Support and act as role model for junior staff, promoting a learning environment
* To demonstrate good clinical practice at all times and to be accountable for own actions
* Prioritising workloads and directing staff accordingly
* Registered Nurse Level 1
* NMC registered with PIN
* Completion of ITU course
* Strong previous Critical Care experience
* Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
* Managerial or supervisory experience/qualification
To hear more about this vacancy or to apply please complete the form today and one of our dedicated Consultants will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
Pulse is a leading provider of health and social care staffing to the UK and international healthcare sectors.
We support NHS Trusts and private health sector providers by placing expert and compliant nurses, midwives, doctors, allied health and health science staff into the right permanent and temporary roles.
Through attracting and nurturing the best people, we help our clients deliver the best compassionate care.