We have an exciting opportunity for a Sister to join the Adult Acute Surgical Team providing effective leadership, expertise, advice and support to the team, carrying continuous responsibility for the management of the unit, making effective use of resources and ensuring the highest standards of care to patients and families are achieved on a 24-hour basis.
This is a full time position with a rotation of shifts.
Please note the salary range for this role is £39,174 - £45,419 per annum depending on experience plus additional Shift allowances
Duties & Responsibilities
Skills & Experience
- Make efficient use of available resources, within budgetary constraints, to meet business objectives
- Prioritise workloads and direct staff accordingly
- Demonstrate and role model outstanding clinical practice at all times
- Develop and coach team members to ensure consistently high standards of care are me
- Regularly deputise for Modern Matron/other departmental Sisters when required
- Evaluate the work of the team and ensure standards are met
- NMC Registered Nurse
- Strong experience in upper and lower GI surgery
- Evidence of further education including post-graduate certification/diploma/Continuous Professional development
- Management skills and Leadership or management training
- Basic Life Support
- Mentorship / Preceptorship of junior staff
- Demonstrable experience of managing budgets
INTERESTED? PLEASE CALL JESSICA ALVES
[... Click Apply...]
[... Click Apply...]
HCL Permanent, as part of the UK’s largest healthcare recruitment company, have unrivalled nursing recruitment industry knowledge on both a local and global basis.
We are approved by the Department of Health (UK) for International recruitment. Our clients range from Regional Health Boards requiring hundreds of staff to specialist start up clinics requiring a Clinical Director to develop the centre.
Over the past 3 years we have successfully placed over 1,000 staff into permanent posts within the UK, Ireland and globally; achieving a 91% retention rate for candidates still in their post after 12 months. This is testament to our stringent recruitment and pre-selection processes which are led by clinicians and qualified HR staff.