Due to an increase in demand for our network of occupational health services we are looking for flexible experienced nurses to complement our field based team.
The work is varied and will include conducting case management, medical assessments and drug and alcohol screenings at our medical centre in Hemel Hemstead, Dunstable and across the M1 Corridor and also on different client sites. Some flexibility in regards to travel and working hours is required. Some evening work will be required.
The Post Of Peripatetic OHA covers
• OH duties across fixed and mobile sites in the designated area
• Case management
• Medical and Health surveillance
• Wellbeing services
Requires a multi Skilled OHA with a broad overview of Customer requirements, in turn they will get the support of a robust Clinical Governance framework which will help the right candidate build valued experience.
The Role will expand AHCC’s reach in the designated area ensuring provision of quality and sustained service.
• Conducting pre-placement health assessments including the undertaking of fitness to work in safety critical posts.
• Provide support, advice and guidance to managers and employees in relation to sickness absence, workplace environment, risk assessment, stress management and return to work following absence.
• Provide advice to managers and HR regarding staff who are considered incapable of undertaking their normal duties and responsibilities whilst working within the guidelines of customers policy
• Provide advice and support to managers and supervisors undertaking risk assessments relating to health matters affecting their staff.
• To ensure that knowledge is maintained of up to date legislation and best practice relating to all Occupational Health issues
• To work with head office to increase utilization of the service in the described area, including covering evening clinics, where the client demand dictates.
The nature of a peripatetic role means that a large area needs to be covered. This presents logistical and organisational challenges, the post holder will measured on their ability to
• Ability to manage their casework.
• Ability to manage and plan clinics independently.
• The post holder will require good Organisational Skills in order to manage the diverse customer base and demands.
The occupational health advisor will work at fixed Alere healthcare connections sites (clinics) as well as across various customer sites, this will require a high degree of adaptability, They will be the organisations representative and the first point of call for the various Alere healthcare connections customers.
• Degree, Diploma or Certificate in Occupational Health or be working towards this with evidence of continual professional development.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• A qualification in Hand Arm Vibration is desirable but training could be provided
• The ability to produce clear and concise reports to managers.
• This The ability to carry out audiometry and spirometry
• Be able to work closely and effectively with personnel and health and safety professionals and our occupational health partners in order to provide an efficient and cost effective service to the directorates.
• Have the ability to identify key health issues and assist in the development and provision of procedures and solutions
• Be able to prioritise workload and use experience and initiative to refer complex cases to the clinical governance team
• Be able to travel between sites around the area
• Be competent in the use of computers including Microsoft and Excel software
Personal Qualities & Attributes:
Have the ability to advise and guide employees and managers in a supportive manner whilst maintaining good working relationships and keeping within policy guidelines.
If you would like to find out more about this role, please contact Liz Recchia.
Alere Healthcare Connections is a nationwide occupational health provider now forming part of the international health brand Alere. Our impressive client list includes many Blue Chip and FTSE100 clients. We specialise in workplace health and wellbeing including employment medicals, preventative health schemes and drug and alcohol screening services to a wide range of industries.
About Alere Healthcare Connections
Alere Healthcare Connections is a forward-thinking occupational health provider that enables you to manage the health and safety of your employees, ensuring you comply, manage and engage with your workforce.
Our medical team is based, registered and insured in the UK and specialises in employment medical programmes, preventative health schemes and drug & alcohol sample collection services. We serve organisations across a range of industries.