Ward Sister - Orthopaedics
Salary up to £45,500 per annum plus Enhancements and Benefits
As the Sister/Charge Nurse you will oversee the day to day running of the department working closely with the wider senior team to ensure a high standard of patient care at all times. You will plan bed allocations and rota to ensure there is cover for all patients and will allocate staff to patients. You will need to ensure paperwork is kept up to date to be able to discuss care plans with consultants. And finally you will oversee the development of all teams within the department
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assess, plan and deliver care, based on individual patient and family needs
• Plan and prepare bed allocation
• Ensure staffing levels are at the correct level
• Supervise and direct junior team members, deputizing for senior staff in their absence
• Drive high standards of care, assisting with promoting development initiatives and assisting with coaching and development of the team
• Promote a learning environment at all times
• Assist in audit and quality assessment procedures
Skills and Experience
• RGN with valid NMC PIN
• Extensive experience within orthopaedics environment ideally with NHS and private experience
• Experience of shift leading
• Desirable completed orthopaedic (although we will support with completion of course) and Mentorship course
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Insurance – Life, Dental
• Critical Illness Cover
• Up to 30 days holidays
• Health Assessments
• Private medical cover
• Excellent Accommodation
• Cycle to work Scheme, Gymflex
For more information or a confidential discussion please contact Martine Cohen at JS3 Recruitment on [... Click Apply...]or email [... Click Apply...].
If you are responding directly to this position please attach your current CV and inform us of your current remuneration.
Should you know anyone who may be seeking an opportunity then JS3 offer a referral scheme. Please refer to our website [... Click Apply...] for more details.
JS3 Recruitment was established in order to deliver alternative recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates alike. Whatever your requirements we will deliver what we have promised in the timescales that we have agreed. Clients and candidates will always be treated fairly and with equal importance and so our objectives are simple – to be open and honest with everyone at all times. In short our business is about Exceeding Expectations
In 2011 JS3 Recruitment further developed by launching a Medical Division into its portfolio. We work with candidates and clients to find that perfect match – we source talent that will benefit your organisation and we look to place candidates with organisation’s whom match the candidates profiles. We recruit into the Private Sector the NHS and also work with some of the leading healthcare providers. This division is led by someone whom has over 18 years recruitment expertise and someone whom knows the market and can indeed match closely!
In short, we provide a tailor made personal service which prides itself on honesty integrity and complete transparency in terms of providing recruitment solutions we deliver exactly what we promise.
We work within the healthcare sector and recruit into post some of the most innovative GPs, Lead GPs, Nurse Practitioners, Advanced Nurse Practitioners, Practice Nurses, Specialist RGNs, Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Speech and Language Therapists, Registered Nurses (RMN, RGN, RNLD, RSCN), Practice Managers, Deputy Practice Managers, Sonographers and Radiographers.