In partnership with our client, Cpl Healthcare are currently seeking a Person In Charge (on social care leader scale) for an Intellectual Disability service in North Cork. The service provides residential, community and homecare services to both adults and children with disabilities, ensuring they are given the best opportunity to live the life of their choice to their fullest potential.
This is a great opportunity to take the next step in your career, securing a management position in an expanding organisation, focusing on the areas of intellectual disability and mental health.
- Qualification in Nursing (RNID) and on the active register of the NMBI.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working with children/adults with intellectual disabilities in a residential setting (3 of the 5 years must be at a senior level and involve working for and achieving HIQA registration).
- Extensive experience of working with children/adults with intellectual disabilities who may present with behaviours that challenge and supporting care staff in similar environments.
- Management or supervisory experience including staff management, supervision & appraisal
- Experience of managing residential budgets
- A full Irish/EU Driving Licence and indemnification are requirements of the post.
Closing date for applications: 31st of October 2016
- Manage, develop and support staff individually and as a team including induction, supervisory support and training in line with Foundation’s practices as and when required.
- Lead and develop team members in the support of Person Centred Plans, problem solving and seeking solutions to outcomes and barriers raised in the delivery of PCP process.
- To ensure records and reports are updated by the team members as required.
- To carryout Supervision and goalsetting & development with staff on a regular basis.
- Ensure that staff are aware of and adhere to the different Policies and Procedures in place.
- Ensure that staff are aware of their obligations under the National Standards for Residential Services for Children and Adults with Disabilities (January 2013) and the Health Act 2007 (Care and Support of Residents in Designated Centres for Persons (Children and Adults) with Disabilities) Regulations 2013
- Promote dignity at work and ensure all staff show respect to residents, colleagues, families and stakeholders in course of duty.
- To be aware of and practice the correct use of all aids and appliances. Ensure all accidents/incidents are reported and documented in accident/incident book as held in each area.
- To ensure that all staff have adequate knowledge of emergency actions and plans.
- To promote the independence of the residents and to ensure that their day to day needs (physical care, teaching specific skills, facilitating residents to use their leisure time tailored to their needs, housekeeping) and establish and maintain relationships with the residents.
- To manage the prescribed medication as required by the residents including the ordering, administration and recording of same.
- To ensure that the residence is kept safe and tidy and that parents, relatives and other visitors are welcomed and treated with courtesy. Family and community involvement in the lives of the residents should be encouraged.
- To manage purchasing and the budgeting of household monies and making purchases locally where possible.
- To be an active leader of the residential team and initiate meetings/case conferences etc as required.
For further information please contact Catherine + [... Click Apply...]or email your updated CV to [... Click Apply...]
Welcome to Cpl Healthcare
With over 20 years experience in the Healthcare Recruitment and Training space, we are proud to be Ireland’s premier Healthcare staffing agency. We work with clients not only here in Ireland but across all International markets allowing us to offer our candidates and clients a complete recruitment solution.
We provide Permanent and Temporary staffing solutions across all Healthcare sectors including:
Our staffing business is complemented by a fully integrated accredited Healthcare Training company, allowing candidates to follow one journey from beginning to end whilst giving clients peace of mind.
Within our service teams we have qualified Health Professionals to understand the industry from a clinical perspective, enabling us to provide best in class service to both our candidates and clients.
We are open for business 363 days a year, from 7.00am – 9.30pm, with an on-call service available for out of hours and offices across Ireland and London.
Here at Cpl Healthcare we are dedicated to providing the best quality Healthcare recruitment and training service.