About The Facility
The Wellington Hospital is the UK's largest independent hospital with over 260 beds and 1000 employees. We have an international reputation for excellence in complex healthcare and have gained four decades of expertise in treating patients from the UK and overseas.
We are excited to be able to offer an exciting opportunity for a Staff Nurse to join our 12 bedded Orthopaedic ward which also includes plastic surgery cases as well. This ward is located within our Platinum Medical Centre which also houses an extensive state-of-the-art diagnostic and imaging centre, an outpatient center, day surgery theatres, and a 12 bedded day surgery unit.
As a Staff Nurse your main responsibility is to assess, plan, deliver and evaluate high standards of nursing care. We treat elective patients as well as a large number of acute cases and those coming off general surgery wards.
This is a full time (37.5 hours per week), permanent post.
The projected salary range is £31,630 - £35,822 per annum + 9% enhancements.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Work well within a team, supervising and directing junior staff and deputising for Senior Staff Nurses in their absence, always ensuring that patient care is at a consistently high level.
* Demonstrate good clinical practice at all times.
* Contribute to high standards of care and development initiatives.
* Provide patients and their families with information around the care and management of their condition.
Skills & Experience
* Registered Nurse with post graduate experience.
* Proven Orthopaedic, general surgery or plastic surgery experience would be advantageous.
* Phlebotomy training is desirable.
* Knowledge of relevant hospital policies and procedures.
* Excellent communication skills with good time management and prioritisation skills.
Join the leaders in private healthcare
Unrivalled expertise. The latest innovations. All that’s missing is you.
HCA Healthcare UK is one of the UK’s leading private healthcare providers. With six world-renowned hospitals in London and an expanding network of cutting-edge partnership facilities up and down the country, we’re a destination of choice for patients and healthcare professionals alike. Our achievements have been recognised by the LaingBuisson Independent Healthcare Awards 2016, the HealthInvestor Awards and the International Medical Travel Journal Awards.
If you’re looking for a rewarding career in nursing, look no further. At HCA UK you’ll take pride in working with top consultants and leading-edge technology to deliver exceptional acute and complex care. And through our relocation support programme, you’ll be able to do so at renowned facilities like The Portland Hospital and London Bridge Hospital. What’s more, whether you’re in oncology, PICU, paediatrics or neuro-rehab, you’ll get exceptional training at our Learning Academy.
As well as support from leading specialists and the latest technology, we also offer our employees a host of benefits that go above and beyond – from private healthcare and critical illness insurance, to staff discounts and paid study leave.
The Harley Street Clinic, The Lister Hospital, London Bridge Hospital, LOC, The Portland Hospital, The Princess Grace Hospital, The Wellington Hospital