New job opportunity for Registered General Nurse for care home based in Perth. It is a 50 bed care home which providing care for older people with nursing needs. The home is registered for 20 dementia clients and 30 frail elderly clients.
The team of well trained and dedicated registered nurses and care assistants provides excellent 24-hour care to suit individual need. The staff looks after people with physical illnesses and dementia, provide short respite breaks, and have achieved the PEARL dementia award.
The successful candidate for this role will be paid a competitive salary of £13.23 per hour plus other generous benefits.
As Registered Nurse you should be with strong passion and commitment to enhance the specialist services that company deliver, together with a positive and flexible attitude and person centred ethos. The ideal candidates are forward thinking and up to date with current practices, with the ability to show leadership qualities and desire to maintain excellent industry knowledge.
As part of this role you will:
• Ensure the highest possible standards of care, assessing residents' needs and wishes, and developing services to enhance their quality of life
• Champion appropriate independence and personal choice; developing, reviewing and updating care plans to meet our residents physical, social and psychological needs
• Act as a reflective and developmental practitioner participating to continual professional development and meeting the requirements of professional revalidation
• Oversee all aspects of medicine management on your shift – ensuring medicines are appropriately received, stored and administered, in accordance with company policies and current legislation
• Support, guide, teach and mentor others in line with the NMC Code, following its guidance at all times
• Ensure all elements of resident experience are positive, from admission to discharge
• Ensure compliance with all legal, regulatory and best practice guidelines – identify, investigate and resolve risks proactively.
In order to achieve this as a staff nurse you should have:
• The ability to lead a team, analyse problems and propose solutions or improvements
• Able to communicate effectively and to develop professional relationships
• Understands and effectively uses IT and communication systems required for the role
• Respectful of the values, views and needs of others
• Able to work under pressure and prioritize workload
• Experience of delivering nursing care within elderly health care sector
• Experience of participating in quality and clinical governance programmes
To be considered for this role you must be qualified RGN or RMN Nurse and must be registered with NMC
Reference ID: 1570
For more information please call Katie Parker on [... Click Apply...]or send your CV [... Click Apply...]