About The Facility
The Wilmslow Hospital at 52 Alderley Road opened in June 2014. It is a modern, private outpatient, diagnostic and daycase surgical facility based in Cheshire. Supported by a strong tradition of excellence in healthcare, as a subsidiary of the award-winning HCA Healthcare UK group, features state of the art equipment and world class surgical specialists; 2 fully integrated laminar flow operating theatres, 8 recovery bays, a discharge lounge, and 13 consulting rooms.
Exclusive high street location in Wilmslow, Manchester, with service hours covering from 6:00am-22:00pm Monday-Saturday.
For more information visit; [... Click Apply...]
This is a busy, varied and rewarding role, covering a vast range of specialist minor procedures, investigative or operations requiring minimal postoperative recovery time.
Specialities; Ortho, ENT, Plastics, Gynae, Cosmetics and Ophthalmic. Act as a member of the theatre Scrub team operating from our 2 state of the art theatres in our same day surgical centre you will be responsible for providing a safe, efficient service to our private patients.
Salary in the range of £25905pa to £32772pa
Hours: Full time 37.50 hours per week. Monday-Saturday 06:00 - 22:00 rota (earlies and lates')
Benefits: 33 days annual leave, contribution pension scheme, private healthcare scheme, flexible benefits plan.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Working collaboratively with the surgeons throughout each case
- Ensure the operating room is clean and ready to be set up, prepare the instruments and equipment needed for the surgery.
- Counts all instruments and other tools and preserve a sterile environment.
- During the operation, select and pass instruments to the surgeon.
- Monitor the patient throughout the procedure and record all consumables being used.
- Help with pre wound closure and apply dressing to the surgical area and transport the patient to the recovery private pod area for recovery and same day discharge.
- As a member of the theatre team you role will be widen to include support for running of the theatre department .
- Ensure prompt session start times and minimise session over-runs through effective forward planning and organisation.
- Completing all patient records and updating MEDITECH system.
- Preparing theatre lists. Supporting with same day admission and discharging of patients. Participate in in house training to enhance your clinical skills and share practice within the team.
Skills & Experience
- Registered Theatre Nurse in Scrub.
- Private healthcare background preferred but not essential.
- Thorough knowledge of operating room procedures, including the tools needed for specific surgeries.
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to work flexibly with various shift patterns Monday to Saturday from 6:00am - 22:00pm.
- Excellent team building skills, with ability to work collaboratively as a team to support other areas of Theatre services as required, must be able to stay calm and clear headed even under pressure.
About The Individual
You will have a proven employment background as a Scrub Nurse with exceptional communication and customer service skills. Ability to work flexibly with various shift patterns Monday to Saturday from 6am - 10pm.
Join the leaders in private healthcare
Unrivalled expertise. The latest innovations. All that’s missing is you.
HCA Healthcare UK is one of the UK’s leading private healthcare providers. With six world-renowned hospitals in London and an expanding network of cutting-edge partnership facilities up and down the country, we’re a destination of choice for patients and healthcare professionals alike. Our achievements have been recognised by the LaingBuisson Independent Healthcare Awards 2016, the HealthInvestor Awards and the International Medical Travel Journal Awards.
If you’re looking for a rewarding career in nursing, look no further. At HCA UK you’ll take pride in working with top consultants and leading-edge technology to deliver exceptional acute and complex care. And through our relocation support programme, you’ll be able to do so at renowned facilities like The Portland Hospital and London Bridge Hospital. What’s more, whether you’re in oncology, PICU, paediatrics or neuro-rehab, you’ll get exceptional training at our Learning Academy.
As well as support from leading specialists and the latest technology, we also offer our employees a host of benefits that go above and beyond – from private healthcare and critical illness insurance, to staff discounts and paid study leave.
The Harley Street Clinic, The Lister Hospital, London Bridge Hospital, LOC, The Portland Hospital, The Princess Grace Hospital, The Wellington Hospital