About The Facility
The Wellington Hospital is the UK's largest independent hospital with over 260 beds and 1000 employees. We have an international reputation for excellence in complex healthcare and have gained four decades of expertise in treating patients from the UK and overseas.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Staff Nurse to join our General Surgical ward at The Wellington Hospital in St Johns Wood, London. Our General Surgery service offers patients access to skilled surgeons who specialise in focusing on the abdominal or colorectal area. The procedures include an appendectomy, hernia repair, removal of the gall bladder and haemorrhoidectomy.
As a Staff Nurse you will be working in a 20 bed ward and care for patients with elective surgery needs, specialising in ENT, colorectal, gastrointestinal, bariatric, back/spinal surgery, as well as reconstructive surgery.
This is a full time, permanent post, working 37.5 hours per week. Shifts include; 8am-8:30pm or 8pm-8:30am. The projected salary range is £31,630 - £35,822 per annum, plus 9% shift enhancements and a comprehensive benefits package on top.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Assess, plan and deliver care to meet patient and family needs.
* To demonstrate good clinical practice at all times and to be accountable for own actions.
* Undertake extended roles such as IV cannulation and phlebotomy.
* To deputise for senior staff in their absence, demonstrating leadership and management.
* Contribute to high standards of care and development initiatives.
Skills & Experience
* Registered General Nurse with post graduate experience.
* Proven Surgical nursing experience
* Phlebotomy training desirable.
* You will be diplomatic and empathetic, with a passion for providing an exceptional patient experience.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and flexible in your approach.
Join the leaders in private healthcare
Unrivalled expertise. The latest innovations. All that’s missing is you.
HCA Healthcare UK is one of the UK’s leading private healthcare providers. With six world-renowned hospitals in London and an expanding network of cutting-edge partnership facilities up and down the country, we’re a destination of choice for patients and healthcare professionals alike. Our achievements have been recognised by the LaingBuisson Independent Healthcare Awards 2016, the HealthInvestor Awards and the International Medical Travel Journal Awards.
If you’re looking for a rewarding career in nursing, look no further. At HCA UK you’ll take pride in working with top consultants and leading-edge technology to deliver exceptional acute and complex care. And through our relocation support programme, you’ll be able to do so at renowned facilities like The Portland Hospital and London Bridge Hospital. What’s more, whether you’re in oncology, PICU, paediatrics or neuro-rehab, you’ll get exceptional training at our Learning Academy.
As well as support from leading specialists and the latest technology, we also offer our employees a host of benefits that go above and beyond – from private healthcare and critical illness insurance, to staff discounts and paid study leave.
The Harley Street Clinic, The Lister Hospital, London Bridge Hospital, LOC, The Portland Hospital, The Princess Grace Hospital, The Wellington Hospital