Recovery Nurse or ODP
Up to £37,000 per year
I am working with a valued and established client who is looking to recruit a Recovery Nurse or ODP for their private surgical hospital in Central London.
The hospital provides General, Gynaecology, Urology, Cosmetic and Bariatric surgery procedures to a UK leading standard.
The ideal candidate will have experience in a recovery nurse role with experience in any of the above treatments. You must be RGN or ODP qualified and have a valid NMC or HCPC registration. My client is looking for a minimum of 2 years post qualification experience.
You will be responsible for providing skilled clinical and technical assistance as a member of the operating theatre team and to participate in the assessment of patient care needs and implement and maintain agreed standards of care. We will provide you with up to date training and continuous education as a valued member of our team. The shift pattern is 4 x 10 hour shifts per week
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist in the positioning and preparation of a patient as directed by the surgical team and ensure that any specimens are correctly labelled and dispatched to the laboratory
• Participate in induction and orientation programmes for new staff to ensure a welcoming environment.
• Prepare patients for clinical/ operative procedures, both in anaesthetics and surgery.
• Take charge of the clinical area in the absence of an advanced practitioner ensuring patient, visitors and staff safety.
• Ensure all equipment is checked prior to use and any faults reported to the Theatre Co-ordinator
• RGN or ODP qualified
• Registered with the NMC or HCPC
• 2 years experience working as a recovery nurse or ODP
My client is looking to pay c£37,000 per year plus benefits which will be discussed further at interview.
For full details of this position or a confidential chat, please call Oliver direct on [... Click Apply...]or email me on [... Click Apply...]
With over 30 years’ experience in the recruitment industry, we offer a service which will ensure that we connect the right people to the right jobs. This is tailored to each client’s needs because we recognise the different challenges with every vacancy we recruit for, and the differences between environments and industries.
At Smithson Gray we take time to understand your business, not just the technical side but also the softer skills and value based aspects of your business. Our experience has taught us that it’s not all about the skill sets, but also the people match. Our consultants take time to screen and interview our candidates, using industry knowledge coupled with competency based questions to ensure we understand every aspect of each candidate we work with and that you get the right person for the role you are recruiting for.
Recruiting across the Private Sector from Nurse level upwards to Management and above. We work within the Nursing / Care Home, Adult Mental Health, Cosmetic, Private Hospitals, Child Services and Corporate Services.