Position- Day Surgery Nurse - Nottingham
Ref - DBDSNRS
Location - Nottingham
Salary - £23,000 - £29,300
Hours - Full time - Permanent
The Vacancy -
My client is currently looking for enthusiastic and motivated Registered Staff Nurses to support their Day Surgery Ward. The successful candidate will act in support of the senior staff; ensuring high standards of effective care are delivered to all patients within the Ward area, whilst maintaining communication within the Day surgery unit.
Ensuring the highest standards of effective care to their patients, you must have experience in working in a ward area and be prepared to take on greater responsibility within the unit. You should possess good communication skills and be able to demonstrate a commitment to the delivery of quality care within the multi-disciplinary team.
This post is Monday to Friday with the opportunity to work Saturdays periodically.
Role responsibilities -
* Prepare and maintain the ward area ensuring all equipment and supplies are available for Patient care.
* Ensure the Patient Record is completed in a timely and accurate way.
* Act as preceptor for student nurses, junior staff and HCA's, where appropriate and participate in teaching within your sphere of knowledge and skills.
* Run the ward area without supervision and supervise and mentor junior staff when required.
* Organise own time and be responsible for appropriate delegation of staff and duties.
* Maintain effective channels of communication at all times.
* Comply with Circle policies/procedures and in particular, issues relating to Health and Safety, COSSH, Incidents Reporting and the Data Protection Act.
* Report all accidents and untoward incidents to senior staff and complete electronic reporting system.
* Deliver patient care in accordance with recognised standards of research based clinical practice.
* By precept and example, to ensure that the rights, dignity and confidentiality of the patient are protected at all times.
* Undertake any other duties that may reasonably be required.
* Understand and apply a holistic patient centred care approach, identifying and taking into account specialist clinical needs whilst the patient is in the Treatment centre.
* Work within a flexible working roster, designed to achieve the most effective use of staff for the patient's requirements.
* Participate in the on call rota in order to provide a telephone help line.
Professional Knowledge, Training and Experience:
* Identify personal objectives, reflect on progress and set a personal development plan annually in order to develop within post.
* Liaise with Lead nurse in agreeing how identified training and development needs are met.
* Ensure that one's own practice is kept updated using an acceptable model of clinical supervision.
* Take every opportunity to expand one's practice in line with the principles contained within the NMC/AODP guidelines and protocols.
* Ensure that all elements contained within the NMC Code of Professional Conduct are adhered to, and ensure that you maintain registration requirements.
* Develop clinical knowledge and professional skills through relevant training.
* Undertake Advanced Life Support (ALS) training and certification and participate in the rota for ALS cover for the Treatment Centre.
* 27 days annual leave and additional service related days
* Free off-site parking
* Pension contribution and life assurance schemes
* Private medical insurance
* Child care vouchers
* Bike to work schemes and interest free travel loans
* Subsidised meals with free tea, coffee and fruit
* Mentorship, preceptorships and professional training courses
Key Words - RGN, Nurse, Registered General Nurse,Forensic, Day Case, Outpatients, Surgical Wards, Orthopaedics, Gynaecology, Pain management, General Surgery
For more information please contact Darene Blackwood at Pulse Jobs on [... Click Apply...]or [... Click Apply...]alternatively please forward your CV
Pulse is a leading provider of health and social care staffing to the UK and international healthcare sectors.
We support NHS Trusts and private health sector providers by placing expert and compliant nurses, midwives, doctors, allied health and health science staff into the right permanent and temporary roles.
Through attracting and nurturing the best people, we help our clients deliver the best compassionate care.