North Regional Clinical Lead
Why work for Thornbury Community Services?
• The opportunity to work within an established company with a clear vision of being the first choice provider of complex, person-centred care packages.
• Excellent training and induction programme.
• Ongoing support and development within the role.
• Support from an experienced and passionate team.
This is a temporary, 3 to 6 month, full time, field based vacancy within our North region. You would work 40 hours a week and would be in control of your own diary, writing care plans, completing risk assessments and communicating with the wider MDT.
The clinical lead is the main point of contact for both nurses and families for any clinical issues or concerns that come up on a day to day basis allowing them to feel supported and enabling our clients to live independently within their own homes, whatever their abilities.
• Responsible for undertaking initial holistic nursing assessments in partnership with the Service User/family/carer and involving other statutory/voluntary/third ‘party’ sector providers as necessary
• Responsible for developing individualised Care Plans in partnership with the Service User/family/other Health Care Professionals as appropriate ensuring goals are patient focused, realistic and achievable.
• To ensure all care packages are reviewed every three months or more frequently in accordance with clinical level
• Assist with training and development, along with assisting with the completion of competency based frameworks for Health Care Support Workers
• To demonstrate appropriate escalation of concerns to the Divisional Clinical Lead
• To demonstrate and follow reporting mechanisms to the Divisional Clinical Lead and Complex Community Business Manager
• To conduct generic risk assessments and review them on a regular basis, in line with organisational policy
• To conduct Service User specific risk assessments, in conjunction with other Health Care Professionals
• To maintain excellent communication with the Divisional Clinical Lead and Case Manager, highlighting any areas of concern.
• Provide On Call support to the Community Care team on a roster basis
Thornbury Community Services are committed to making a positive difference to the lives of our clients by promoting choice and independence, and by delivering the highest standard of compassionate care. We work as a trusted partner with over 200 commissioners, including more than 135 CCGs in order to support people with a variety of specialist care and clinical needs.
We offer ongoing training for all of our employees to further both their professional and personal development as we believe that our success is based on that of the individuals working with us.
You will be a passionate and enthusiastic individual with the ability to work in a quality driven, professional environment. Experience within a similar role in the community is an advantage, experience in an ITU setting is essential.
Since 1983 Thornbury Community Services has been the only choice for many NHS and independent sector community clients throughout England and Wales, to meet their last minute ad hoc staffing needs.
When time is at a premium, TCS has an unparalleled reputation for providing the highly skilled people that clients need to care for them in their own home.
We have a variety of work available with extremely competitive pay rates, travel allowance, holiday pay automatically paid, full and part time hours available, 24 hour office support and access to mandatory training and professional development courses!